→ Having trouble accessing our new support portal or creating a ticket? Please notify our team here

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bmoutoux
Engaged Sweeper

I am doing a migration of our old lansweeper to a new server and database.  I am also changing server names to our new domain.  Both servers are currently running and if I manually change the INI file to the new server name and delete the scan and send codes it will then start updating and send to the new server. 

How can I accomplish this without having to manually update the lsagent.ini file on each machine.  We have hundreds and I was hoping lansweeper can push this change.

1 REPLY 1
David_GF
Lansweeper Tech Support
Lansweeper Tech Support

Hi @bmoutoux 

We have a knowledge base article on the impact a server migration has on LsAgent: https://community.lansweeper.com/t5/lansweeper-maintenance/impact-of-a-lansweeper-migration-on-lsage...

Ensure continuous data transfer for LsAgent clients after migration when not using the relay

1. Leave your original Lansweeper installation running while you migrate to your new server.
  2. Make sure your new server's firewall allows inbound connections over whichever port you configured as your listen port in the Configuration > Server Options section of the Lansweeper Classic web console.
  3. Check the Server value listed in the LsAgent.ini file of one of your LsAgent installations, found at Program Files (x86)\LansweeperAgent\LsAgent.ini. This value will either be the name or IP address of your old server.
  4. Choose one of the following options:
    • Match server name or IP
      Give your new server the same name or IP address as is listed in your LsAgent.ini files, and update your DNS server to reflect this. That way no changes are required to your LsAgent installations themselves.
    • Using the same external LansweeperDB
      If your old and new scan servers use the same external LansweeperDB:
      1. Go to the Scanning > LsAgent Scanning section of the Lansweeper Classic web console.
      2. Selectin Link Scanserver in the Configuration tab to link your new server to each LsAgent group in.
      3. Wait for this configuration change to sync down to your LsAgent clients, which may take up to 24 hours. The clients will start sending scanned data to the new server.LsAgent_Migrate_Link.jpg
    • Using the built-in LansweeperDB
      If you are using the built-in LansweeperDB, choose one of the following:
      • Modify the new server IP and FQDN to match those of the old server.
      • Replace the Server value in the LsAgent.ini file with the new server values, and delete the lsagentconfiguration.xml file in all the assets scanned via LsAgent.

By following these steps, you can guarantee that your LsAgent clients continue sending data seamlessly after migrating your Lansweeper installation.

~~~~~~~ (〃 ̄︶ ̄)人( ̄︶ ̄〃) ~~~~~~~
Sweep that LAN, sweep it!

New to Lansweeper?

Try Lansweeper For Free

Experience Lansweeper with your own data.

Try Now