cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Danielson89
Engaged Sweeper

Hi All,

So we've had Lansweeper since ~2006, We had a great deal and purchase price with the tool for years and it's provided us with the best support it was 1 and a half years ago Lansweeper started to announce the new pricing structure which we have now decided that it has become very expensive and stopped paying for it.  This decision was a higher-up decision and our team are lost without it,  We went from paying like $2400 per year to nearly $20000 per year and getting packages that we didn't even need.  It was a great tool and we still talk about it and saying how much we need it back.

Did this pricing structure affect everyone else?

6 REPLIES 6
Gilles_De_Block
Lansweeper Employee
Lansweeper Employee

Hi Daniel, 

Thank you for the feedback!

It's great to hear you're happy with the value Lansweeper has brought to you, we definitely would love to keep bringing you this value and even more in the future. So let's address your licensing concerns over a video call, as I am surprised what caused the sudden uptick. Our pricing structure for years now has been defined by the number of assets scanned and the preferred set of features. So without a drastic change in either of those, the price shouldn't go up by that much. Unless, maybe you had a grandfathered pricing from before 2016. Regardless, let us help investigate what is causing the difference. Please send me a private message with your email address and we'll get in contact.

Cheers!

Gilles_De_Block
Lansweeper Employee
Lansweeper Employee

Hi Sir, 

We indeed changed our licensing model, stepping away from pure asset-based pricing to different packages. These packages will allow you to scan up to a certain amount of assets, allowing you more room for future growth, and include a lot more value and features. It's the total package that we value is worth 2,000 bucks regardless of the number of assets scanned. We, however, do not push customers to buy Starter at the moment. Only when customers need or want to upgrade, they would need to move to the Starter plan. However, I understand your feedback and I would love to address your concerns in a video meeting, please let me know your email address in DM and I'll plan a meeting.

Cheers!

MGreene85
Engaged Sweeper II

Yes, Lansweeper used to be an easy value proposition.  However, they have made several moves in the last 2-3 years that are unfriendly to SMB market customers and make it harder to justify the cost.  The move to per asset pricing model was a huge price increase.  Then on top of that they decided to force you to buy 2000 assets instead of 500 which quadruples cost again for SMB market customers.  And if that wasn't bad enough, they are now trying to further segment their product so they can charge even more for new features.  While I still like the product, the value proposition has changed significantly which will lose them quite a few customers in the SMB space, but it's clear their intention is to focus on enterprise customers.  

Gilles_De_Block
Lansweeper Employee
Lansweeper Employee

Hi Daniel, 

Thank you for being with Lansweeper for so many years!

We indeed changed our licensing plans, features, pricing, and value proposition. However, currently, we're not forcing customers holding a regular Lansweeper license to move to these new plans. I would love to set up a call with you to go over your individual case to see what the situation was/is. Could you kindly DM me your email address so we can take this up on a MS Teams or Zoom call?

Cheers!

CL
Engaged Sweeper

yes , indeed !

we are a small company and will move from 500€ to 2000€ as the starter edt is the smallest with a lot features, we actually wouldnt buy nor need.

br cl

Gilles_De_Block
Lansweeper Employee
Lansweeper Employee

Hi,

Thank you for your feedback. Please be informed that we have customized prices for small customers having to migrate to our Starter plan. I'd be happy to elaborate more over a video call. Please DM me your contact information and we'll get in touch to educate you on the custom offering.

Cheers!