cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jraposo
Engaged Sweeper

Hi,

Anyone knows if there is a way to user Lansweeper to aggregate assets ?

I want to see which servers support an application, for instance, Backup App uses the server X,Y and Z, Domain Controllers are servers A and B, Service Desk uses server C and D.

I can use the comment field, but this solution don't answer the question "what servers are supporting application X".

Using a custom field to store the application name ?

Is there a solution inside Lansweeper for this ?

Thanks

JR

5 REPLIES 5
RobertRosell
Engaged Sweeper

If I have understood you correctly, you are actually looking for an ITSM tool to describe your service/application. And yes, which asset is used is part of it.
An LS integration should be there, you don't want to create all assets from scratch...

Greetings Robert

rader
Champion Sweeper III

Not sure of an automated way that Lansweeper can do except by software as ErikT explained, but you could use Asset Grouping (Static or Dynamic) to build out your aggregating needs. It would require some work to setup, but once done it should fit the bill.

ErikT
Lansweeper Tech Support
Lansweeper Tech Support

Hi there, 

you could go to the Software tab and select Windows Software. 

Now click on the software you are interested in and you'll get all the Windows assets that have that software installed. 

jraposo
Engaged Sweeper

Hi,

Ok... my bad.

I'm not talking about software in the server, but Application, as SAP, Backup (server, NAS, etc), Service Desk, IT Asset Managment (Lansweeper).

These apps sometimes requires front end servers, backend servers and the need to aggregate the servers under a common denominator is what I'm talking about.

JR

rom
Champion Sweeper II

Here's what I do:   Find a unique thing/item about the app stack you want to have.  It could be a piece of software, a running service, a registry key, a file at a particular location, etc.  Example:  Veaam backup servers always have a windows service LIKE '%Veeam%' on them.  Another example would be "A radiologist's read machine HAS to have 'RadICS' software on it" 

You could make dynamic groups quickly... but I don't use them because they are difficult to report on.  Instead, I either make a report with all of the checks like I mentioned above, or i make a stored procedure in SQL to update a custom field like 'Application Family' as appropriate.