cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Stevie
Engaged Sweeper

Howdy - we are using 10.4.1.3 of lansweeper on prem. Great tool by the way!

We are wanting to move the SQL database to a new sql server and after that move the installed application / scan server to a new server. No one in my team knows the password for lansweeperuser. I have found a process to change the SQL database password, and the using the tools - Lansweeper Config Editor it appears that we can EDIT the connnection string for the 'website'  

However, a thread I was reading mentioned we need to change the 

C:\Program Files (x86)\Lansweeper\Website\Web.config   

C:\Program Files (x86)\Lansweeper\Service\LansweeperService.exe.config

Files to include the new password? however I cant' see any password within that ? 

I noticed our servers service 'Lansweeper Server' starts up with Local System ? is that correct?

any help is much appreciated.

1 REPLY 1
Obi_1_Cinobi
Lansweeper Tech Support
Lansweeper Tech Support

Hello there!

To reset the password for the lansweeperuser, you can follow the steps as outlined here: https://community.lansweeper.com/t5/lansweeper-maintenance/change-the-lansweeper-database-password/t....

This article will also explain how to edit your config files using the ConfigEditor tool. Manually editing the config files to update the password is no longer possible as the connection string is encrypted, so we are presuming that was an old thread on our forum.

The Lansweeper Server service indeed runs as Local System.