cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
WSD
Engaged Sweeper

I'm attempting to read the registry and verify the version of an app before proceeding the next step. 
The Type: Condition.   
Reg path: Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\{628071DE-47B7-4F5B-9A34-106C509D5B0E}

Value Name: DisplayVersion

Value: the Version currently installed.   

The procedure fails with the following message: 

Result: Deployment ended: The system cannot find the path specified. Stop(Success). Credential: (crmc\lansweeper_svc). ShareCredential: (crmc.mad\lansweeper_svc).

I even copied and pasted the path in the registry to see if I might have fat fingered it, but it finds and displays.  
not sure why on the error when ran through Deployment.  
Thanks.  

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Obi_1_Cinobi
Lansweeper Tech Support
Lansweeper Tech Support

Hello there!

The error you're receiving indicates that a file that's being specified in your deployment package cannot be accessed. This likely means one of the following:
  • The file path specified is incorrect, browse to the file path directly to check whether the specified file is there and that the filename matches exactly.
  • If you're using the packageshare, make sure that your packageshare credentials are correct via Deployment\Security Options
  • If you're not using the packageshare, ensure your Run Mode credentials have access to the file path. E.g. if you're using the System account as run mode, this may not be able to access remote shares.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Brown_Dog_NG
Champion Sweeper

After reviewing a default Deployment Package for changing wallpapers, the registry check that is performed does NOT include "Computer\".

You may want to try adjusting the path you provided. I've listed the adjusted path below.

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\{628071DE-47B7-4F5B-9A34-106C509D5B0E}

Just tested within my environment trying to deploy with "Computer\" prepended and failed spectacularly. After removing the "Computer\", my package was able to check the registry successfully.

Stock Provided Script Example:

Brown_Dog_NG_0-1703003197091.png

-Don't forget to hand out Kudos and mark Solutions to replies you receive!-
LS Tech Support Email: Support@lansweeper.com
LS Tech Support KB: https://www.lansweeper.com/contact-support/
Obi_1_Cinobi
Lansweeper Tech Support
Lansweeper Tech Support

Hello there!

The error you're receiving indicates that a file that's being specified in your deployment package cannot be accessed. This likely means one of the following:
  • The file path specified is incorrect, browse to the file path directly to check whether the specified file is there and that the filename matches exactly.
  • If you're using the packageshare, make sure that your packageshare credentials are correct via Deployment\Security Options
  • If you're not using the packageshare, ensure your Run Mode credentials have access to the file path. E.g. if you're using the System account as run mode, this may not be able to access remote shares.