cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dns_305
Engaged Sweeper
I am new to Lansweeper and am looking at Deploying our AV solution SentinelOne with Lansweeper. I am working on creating a deployment package but figured I would check to see if someone already created one we can use. I did a search and don't see any packages built to help to deploy this AV solution.

Has anyone used Lansweeper to deploy this AV solution and could you share the installer steps needed to deploy this solution?

Thanks in advance

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
CyberCitizen
Honored Sweeper
Do you have a site token?

You could try something like the following.

SentinelOne.exe /SITE_TOKEN=xxxxxxxxxx /SILENT

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11
Michaelzip0
Engaged Sweeper III

it seems things have changed. I have gotten a few different errors trying the ways stated above I have not used the xml since it involves using .msi and I can't use that due to the bug with .msi install.  

I have gotten Result: Deployment ended: The filename or extension is too long. Stop(Failure). Credential: (). ShareCredential: (). Command: "\\server\DefaultPackageShare$\Installers\SentinelOne\SentinelOneInstaller_windows_64bit_v22_3_5_887.exe" /q /SITE_TOKEN===

also Result: Deployment ended: The filename or extension is too long. Stop(Failure). Credential: (). ShareCredential: . Command: "\\server\DefaultPackageShare$\Installers\SentinelOne\SentinelOneInstaller_wind_v22_3_5_887.exe" /SITE_TOKEN=== -q -f -b

CyberCitizen
Honored Sweeper
All good we are here to learn from each other. I like the packaging but the SQL Reports part is not my forte.
mandersen
Engaged Sweeper II
Outstanding. I cleaned up my syntax and now we are golden. Also confirmed the DEV.APP package worked as well. Right on and thanks for the nudge.
CyberCitizen
Honored Sweeper
Check the parameters you are passing as I noticed you didn't have them spaced and were in quotes in the wrong position.

"SentinelAgent_windows_v3_3_3_29.exe""INSERTSPACEHERE/SITE_TOKEN=xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx== /SILENT"

"SentinelAgent_windows_v3_3_3_29.exe" /SITE_TOKEN=xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx /SILENT
mandersen
Engaged Sweeper II
Thanks for the responce. I found my issue was pointing at the wrong Lansweeper share. Derp moment. However now it says its working but its not doing it silent. So I am going to try you're code and work with mine. I will provide update once I have tested.

- Thanks for providing that export.
mandersen
Engaged Sweeper II
Hey folks,
I am also trying to do a silent install. Mind helping me out here? I put the .exe on the package share via Lansweeper. I keep getting the following error. I have replaced the internal domain and site key with (xxxxxx) for security hygiene.

Result: Deployment ended: Incorrect function. Stop(Failure). Credential: (xxxxxxx\lansweepersvcs). ShareCredential: (lansweepersvcs). Command: "\\C:\Program Files (x86)\Lansweeper\PackageShare\Installers\SentinelAgent_windows_v3_3_3_29.exe"/SITE_TOKEN=xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx== /SILENT"
TapdatMouse wrote:
Hey folks,
I am also trying to do a silent install. Mind helping me out here? I put the .exe on the package share via Lansweeper. I keep getting the following error. I have replaced the internal domain and site key with (xxxxxx) for security hygiene.

Result: Deployment ended: Incorrect function. Stop(Failure). Credential: (xxxxxxx\lansweepersvcs). ShareCredential: (lansweepersvcs). Command: "\\C:\Program Files (x86)\Lansweeper\PackageShare\Installers\SentinelAgent_windows_v3_3_3_29.exe"/SITE_TOKEN=xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx== /SILENT"

Of course, we are here to help each other learn.

Looking at the command line that is being pushed I can see a few issues. The first being that its referencing the C: drive of the Lansweeper server. This is never going to work as the installer wont be able to connect to that file path referenced. There are also some spacing issues with your command line.

If you are using the built-in Lansweeper package share which it appears you are doing, your command should look something like this.

"{PackageShare}\Installers\SentinelAgent_windows_v3_3_3_29.exe" /SITE_TOKEN=xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx /SILENT

The only thing that might give you issues is if the site token has spaces in it, in which case you might need to wrap that in quotes as well.

I would be putting in some condition checks as well if you want to make it more full proof eg, checks that the installer is there first.

Below is a package export, you can save as an XML file and import it.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<Package>
<Name>DEV.APP.SentinelAgent.v3.3.3.29</Name>
<Description>Test Package for TapdatMouse</Description>
<ShutdownOption>0</ShutdownOption>
<ShutdownTime>0</ShutdownTime>
<MaxDuration>900</MaxDuration>
<Rescan>True</Rescan>
<RunMode>2</RunMode>
<Steps>
<Step>
<Nr>1</Nr>
<Name>Check for Installer File</Name>
<Type>5</Type>
<ReturnCodes></ReturnCodes>
<Success>2</Success>
<Failure>-3</Failure>
<Path></Path>
<Parameters></Parameters>
<MSIParameters></MSIParameters>
<MSIName></MSIName>
<MSIVersion></MSIVersion>
<Command></Command>
<EditMode>False</EditMode>
<Conditions>
<Condition>
<Type>1</Type>
<SpecOne>{PackageShare}\Installers\</SpecOne>
<SpecTwo>SentinelAgent_windows_v3_3_3_29.exe</SpecTwo>
<Operator>1</Operator>
<Value></Value>
</Condition>
</Conditions>
</Step>
<Step>
<Nr>2</Nr>
<Name>Install SentinelAgent</Name>
<Type>1</Type>
<ReturnCodes>0,1641,3010</ReturnCodes>
<Success>-2</Success>
<Failure>-3</Failure>
<Path>{PackageShare}\Installers\SentinelAgent_windows_v3_3_3_29.exe</Path>
<Parameters>/SITE_TOKEN=xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx /SILENT</Parameters>
<MSIParameters>/i /qn /norestart</MSIParameters>
<MSIName></MSIName>
<MSIVersion></MSIVersion>
<Command>"{PackageShare}\Installers\SentinelAgent_windows_v3_3_3_29.exe" /SITE_TOKEN=xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx /SILENT </Command>
<EditMode>False</EditMode>
<Conditions />
</Step>
</Steps>
<SoftwareVersion>7.0.110.2</SoftwareVersion>
</Package>
dns_305
Engaged Sweeper
Thanks for the help!
grimstar
Champion Sweeper II
Something similar to what Cyber listed should work. I had a SCCM package for SentinelOne but have since deleted it because we went a different direction with our endpoint protection. I do know it was just a simple executable being run with a parameter for making it silent and the key that is provided from SentinelOne.

New to Lansweeper?

Try Lansweeper For Free

Experience Lansweeper with your own data.

Try Now