cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
LauraVictori
Product Team
Product Team

Hi there!

Manage all the information about your inventory assets in a single tool: Consult your financial data from Lansweeper!

We added a new section with data such as PO number, PO date, cost center, vendor name, acquisition type, and more.

From LS Cloud, you can:

👉 Add financial data for an individual asset or in bulk.
👉 Retrieve financial information from the inventory overview thanks to the customizable views. Analyze and export data in a few clicks.
👉 Create more complex reports using your procurement data in the report builder.
👉 Expose all this information from the API.

Set your preferred library values and ensure data quality
These new fields allow you to define standard values for a set of standard fields related to financial and location information.

Screenshot 2022-11-09 at 15.44.06.png

👉 Configure the library values ​​to guarantee the data quality and save time.
👉 Improve the reports by ensuring data consistency.

These changes are part of a long-term strategy to improve our Inventory management capabilities in the Cloud. 

What do you think of this new feature? Does it solve a problem you were facing? How could we improve it?
Leave me your opinion in the comments. I read you! ðŸ¤“

Kind reminder; we have an open survey related to custom fields!

2 REPLIES 2
LauraVictori
Product Team
Product Team

Hi @lmckeega1! Thanks for sharing your use case.

It is possible to manually add assets from Lansweeper Cloud to start attaching financial data. However, as a general rule, when our scanner detects those assets, unfortunately, it will identify them as new assets and add new items to the Inventory, not merging them with the manually created ones (since it does not know that it is the same asset).

There is an exception to this rule, which will only affect Windows-type assets. If the newly discovered asset shares a MAC address with the manually created one, Lasnweeper will merge both assets keeping the financial data (or any other data) manually entered.

Regarding the asset ID change, as long as serial/mac/model is filled in, the ID stays the same, and the manually entered data is kept. If this were not the case, a second asset would be created due to the detection of the new domain (with a new ID), and the manually entered data would be kept attached to the first asset (which would not be deleted because it contains manually entered information).

I hope my explanation was clear enough. If not, please let me know ðŸ˜‰

lmckeega1
Engaged Sweeper

I was just looking into how to map financial data with assets. The question I have is, when we buy assets, it may take a month or two to get them installed on site and scannable by Lansweeper. Is there a method of adding the new assets to Lansweeper by serial number and attaching the financial information before they get scanned? 

Also, as we move assets between locations, they may get new domain names and then get different asset ids. Would the financial information stay with the physical asset? And would it still be listed in the database?