cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bthayer0925
Engaged Sweeper II

Attempting to deploy a package for the latest version of Adobe results in a failure with the error message

Result: Deployment ended: Incorrect function. Stop(Failure). Credential: (RRVBC\Administrator). ShareCredential: (LSDeploy).
Command: \\nibb-test\LansweeperDeploy\Adobe\ReaderDC\install.exe /sAll /rs

Some quick searching tells me that the issue is the command itself not being correct, however, if I copy and paste the command as written into a command window on the PC we're using to test the deployment the install succeeds.

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS
Tim_N
Lansweeper Employee
Lansweeper Employee

You might try using the FQDN of the server name. For example: \\nibb-test.domain.com\... 

I have found that the FQDN often fixes this type of random issue. 

Keep us posted. 😃 

Tim N.
Lansweeper Employee

View solution in original post

bthayer0925
Engaged Sweeper II

After some more digging it turns out the issue is just that I wasn't reading very well. The {PackageShare} variable was created when the server was first setup I'm assuming and the server was renamed after that. So the \\nibb-test part should have been \\nibb-helpdesk. When I tested the command on my PC I typed the server name correctly, but now that I've changed the server name in the Deployment security options the deployment works. I've left the FQDN part in just to be safe.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Tim_N
Lansweeper Employee
Lansweeper Employee

You might try using the FQDN of the server name. For example: \\nibb-test.domain.com\... 

I have found that the FQDN often fixes this type of random issue. 

Keep us posted. 😃 

Tim N.
Lansweeper Employee
bthayer0925
Engaged Sweeper II

After some more digging it turns out the issue is just that I wasn't reading very well. The {PackageShare} variable was created when the server was first setup I'm assuming and the server was renamed after that. So the \\nibb-test part should have been \\nibb-helpdesk. When I tested the command on my PC I typed the server name correctly, but now that I've changed the server name in the Deployment security options the deployment works. I've left the FQDN part in just to be safe.

Tim_N
Lansweeper Employee
Lansweeper Employee

Ah, good work! Thanks for sharing. You have a great point. When a server's name is changed post Lansweeper installation, the PackageShare doesn't get modified. Good find. 

Tim N.
Lansweeper Employee
bthayer0925
Engaged Sweeper II

It occurs to me that I didn't change things correctly. I'm going to try again and I'll follow up after that 😑

bthayer0925
Engaged Sweeper II

I have tried using the FQDN in place of the {PackageShare} variable at the beginning of the command, but still run into the same error message.