cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Hendrik_VE
Champion Sweeper III

I've installed the latest version 10.4.0.2 which contains a new 'feature':

• Added: LAN-14226 Added sections to the web console that link to Cloud features.

Is there any possibility to remove these sections, as we don't use the Cloud features and are not planning to in the near future? It's quite confusing for our Lansweeper users...

Hendrik_VE_0-1675257331680.png

Hendrik_VE_1-1675257363138.png

7 REPLIES 7
Hendrik_VE
Champion Sweeper III

This is really hindering me from updating to V10 and deploying several new installations.

We have (for now) a strict policy to not send any confidential asset data to the cloud. However, the 'Classic' web page is overwhelmed with links to the cloud. Can they be removed, or is there any (unsupported) workaround to hide these buttons?

An adblocker would do what you want - I guess you need to find one that will allow you to distribute block lists.  For example I use uBlock Origin to block elements on web pages (including cloud links in LS) - it is possible to export / import the filter list, but I'm not sure if it's possible to script that.

edit - found this reddit article - deploying filter lists with a GPO

Not sure what happens after a LS update though.

However, I'd like to add my support for your initial suggestion that this should be an option available in LS.

Obi_1_Cinobi
Lansweeper Tech Support
Lansweeper Tech Support

Hello there!

There might be third-party plugins that can manipulate the CSS styling of web pages, but this would need to be tried and tested if these can achieve what you want and not hinder normal operations.

Hendrik_VE
Champion Sweeper III

Any idea when this will be implemented? Because this 'feature' is holding me back from upgrading my environment to the latest release.

Obi_1_Cinobi
Lansweeper Tech Support
Lansweeper Tech Support

Hello there!

We aren't able to guarantee that this will be implemented or provide you with an estimated release date at this time. We thank you for understanding.

Obi_1_Cinobi
Lansweeper Tech Support
Lansweeper Tech Support

Hello there!

Within Lansweeper there is no option to remove these extra menu options. But we will add it to the customer wishlist.

Hendrik_VE
Champion Sweeper III

Any feedback from Lansweeper team?

I watched the keynote event where they clearly emphasized that 'Lansweeper Classic' will stay, but looking at the new interface, we're clearly forced migrating to the cloud. I have around 20 on-prem users who use on-prem reports and on-prem custom fields (which aren't synced to the cloud) on a daily base. For their daily work, they don't need access to the cloud features, so I would like to remove any links to the cloud on a per-user base if possible.