cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ABast
Engaged Sweeper II

My VMWare successfully scanned hours before updating to version 10.3.0.0. After the update, I am receiving the error:

VMWare Error

The session is not authenticated.

Is this something that I will need to reconfigure on the VMWare side or a coincidence that it stopped working as soon as I updated the installation.

13 REPLIES 13
Obi_1_Cinobi
Lansweeper Tech Support
Lansweeper Tech Support

Hello there!

If you still encounter the issue on Lansweeper version 10.3.1.0, please raise a support case so that our developers can look into it: https://www.lansweeper.com/contact-support/

Hello,

I have an ticket on this subject with support. No solution yet after many tests ... I keep testing solutions ...

thierry-ct
Engaged Sweeper II

Hello,

I have the same problem with a vcenter. Unable to retrieve inventory information. Always this error 'The session is not authenticated' (What is surprising is that the account used by Lansweeper allows me to connect directly to the vCenter interface ...) Were you able to solve this problem with your Lansweeper ?

ABast
Engaged Sweeper II

No, support said that this was fixed with the 10.3.1.0 update, however mine is still getting errors. Just waiting on an update that may help currently. Mine is getting intermittent scans, successfully scanning once, then failing, then scanning.

Obi_1_Cinobi
Lansweeper Tech Support
Lansweeper Tech Support

Hello there!

May I recommend contacting tech support: https://www.lansweeper.com/contact-support/

da_user
Engaged Sweeper

Same Issue over here with 10.3.0.0

Devicetester did get informations about ESX-Server and hosted VM`s. I also tried to delete the asset manually from the database and performed a rescan. Lansweeper found the v-center with a very small amount of data but without scanning issue. 

Erwin
Engaged Sweeper

Experiencing the same issue.  VMWare Error The session is not authenticated.

I tested the communication with the Lansweeper Device tester, used the login credentials I also use inside the scan credentials/target. The connection succeeded and information from vCenter did get received. But when I perform a rescan now on the vCenter server, the scan has issues. VMWare Error: The session is not authenticated.

I also imported the self-signed vCenter certificate on the Lansweeper server. 

Any thoughts?

Thank you

Erwin
Engaged Sweeper

Even when I put the vCenter account from the ReadOnly role into the Administrator role, I still get the error within Lansweeper. 

Did you ever resolve this? We've had this for months and are becoming increasingly frustrated by errors scanning ESXI hosts.