cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jfhallee
Engaged Sweeper III
Hi,

I was wondering if there's a way to track in Lansweeper who had access to the web console and when and also, what they did?

We're a big university with a lot of IT ressources and it could be a security weakness not knowing who got in and what they did on what.

When auditors are coming here and checking our systems (including Lansweeper as it is setup) they'll surely call us about it.

Thanks for the information and have a good day.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Daniel_B
Lansweeper Alumni
With advanced logging you should be able to receive more data (at least which pages users have accessed). We have a logging feature within Lansweeper on our customer wish-list but currently this still has a lower priority.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
dominik_bauer
Engaged Sweeper
Hi @ll,

i am looking for exact the same feature to supervise, which changes are made so nothing can go lost, because someone deleted an asset...

Is there something now?

thx in advance 🙂

jfhallee wrote:
Hi,

I was wondering if there's a way to track in Lansweeper who had access to the web console and when and also, what they did?

We're a big university with a lot of IT ressources and it could be a security weakness not knowing who got in and what they did on what.

When auditors are coming here and checking our systems (including Lansweeper as it is setup) they'll surely call us about it.

Thanks for the information and have a good day.

Daniel_B
Lansweeper Alumni
With advanced logging you should be able to receive more data (at least which pages users have accessed). We have a logging feature within Lansweeper on our customer wish-list but currently this still has a lower priority.
jfhallee
Engaged Sweeper III
Yes but that would give me only login and access time and I'd need what people are doing in Lansweeper as well. I'll try to find a way to add a module or whatsoever to do that.

Thanks and can you add it to wanted feature please?
Daniel_B
Lansweeper Alumni
Lansweeper does not log information about web console access. However, if you install your web console on IIS and enable user authentication there, you are abled to use logging in IIS.