cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dconway
Engaged Sweeper II
I am trying to add a font using a deployment. Has anyone had any luck getting that to work?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
dconway
Engaged Sweeper II
I have managed to make a deployment package that works. I have tested on windows 7 and 10. You will have to add your font name in and add it to the installer folder but it should work.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
CyberCitizen
Honored Sweeper
I ran into this issue, ended up using a 3rd party app that registers the font.

I am calling a bat file that calls the below command.

pushd "\\10.10.0.200\DefaultPackageShare$\Installers\AllFonts"
FontReg.x86.exe /copy
exit

Using the pushd command and FontReg /copy it will copy any fonts that are in the same directory and install them on the machines & register as necessary. We use this to deploy our standard corporate fonts.
Esben_D
Lansweeper Employee
Lansweeper Employee
The text file that was uploaded did have one extra line of text in it which prevented it from being imported to Lansweeper after changing the file type to an XML. I've removed the line and zipped the XML which you can import into Lansweeper.

As for installing fonts in bulk, you will have to create a script which does what the commands in the deployment package do but for multiple fonts.
dconway
Engaged Sweeper II
I have managed to make a deployment package that works. I have tested on windows 7 and 10. You will have to add your font name in and add it to the installer folder but it should work.
dconway wrote:

Hi,

I like the idea of installing Fonts using Lansweeper, But I got a question.
- Can it work for more than one font ?
- Can you create the package so we can upload it and all we need to change is font name.
- If you cant do the package please upload a simple documentation how to create package by using the text file that you have.

Thank you
Bruce_B
Lansweeper Alumni
Dropping fonts into Windows\Fonts remotely seems to skip the step that registers the font.

I've not tried this out fully, but making use of FontReg.exe may allow you to remotely install fonts.