cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
danielm
Champion Sweeper II
Is there an Asset State that can be set on an asset to set it so it does not get scanned/updated anymore and thus should not count towards any license counts? Ie Setting as Recycled... and anything recycled would not need any Action or Asset menus attached. Just show the data....

I do not see why the system should count items that are kept for historical purposes. This should be added if it is not a feature since we now have no unlimited asset options.
5 REPLIES 5
Hendrik_VE
Champion Sweeper III
OK, smart move from Lansweeper
I guess you could change them in the DB, in tblassets field assettype.

The 'supported' way though is to modify the asset state (to eg. 'decommissioned'), export all needed data for these assets , and delete those older then x (eg. 90) days.
Just like you would do in your Active Directory, when someone leaves the company, you mark him as disabled (for in case he'd change his mind ) and delete the user after 3 months.
danielm
Champion Sweeper II
ah. i see. if its a windows asset it doesnt let you do that (more what I was looking to do to archive data).
if i select something else like network device or web server... it does and license goes down.
im on version 8.0
Hendrik_VE
Champion Sweeper III
Really? I can edit the asset type, but I'm running an older Lansweeper version.
On my installation, it doesn't have any negative impact except that you need to create custom reports for these devices ofcourse.
danielm
Champion Sweeper II
Yes, I wondered about using the 'monitor' type for that but i noticed you cannot Edit the asset type from the web interface. but I guess one could do it directly from the sql database but im not sure what affect that would have when lookoing at the data onscreen.
Hendrik_VE
Champion Sweeper III
'Asset State' does not impact the license count.
One possibility (though not an ideal one) would be to change asset state to 'Recycled', the asset type to 'Monitor' and use a custom field to show the 'real' asset type. That way, the asset won't count towards the license limit anymore.