cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
IT_Trev
Engaged Sweeper

I need to create an asset relation for all my computer assets - assign a 'used by' and a user.  Specifically an AD user.  I know which user is using which asset.

How can I automate this?

Is there a command?  An API?   An import of csv/other data source?  I've seen other forum articles that suggested a database script - is that what I need to do?  I'm a bit leery of direct database modification for this, but I'm interested in a usable solution.

I want to avoid clicking on every single asset and adding a relationship for every one of them, doing that 100s (or 1000s) of times.  And then updating when needed, manually.  I want to automate this. I know you can 'mass edit' assets, but I need to make an individual edit for every computer asset.

I've seen several similar requests for this but most were from 2014-2016 (7-9 years ago).

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
David_GF
Lansweeper Tech Support
Lansweeper Tech Support

Hi @IT_Trev, you can follow the guide on how to link multiple assets: https://community.lansweeper.com/t5/managing-assets/link-assets-to-other-assets-or-users/ta-p/64304#... and link them to the Top Console User.  

Lansweeper will then automatically determine for each Windows computer which user it should be linked to. Each Windows computer will be linked to the domain user with the most logins to the machine, which is usually the user the computer is assigned to.

~~~~~~~ (〃 ̄︶ ̄)人( ̄︶ ̄〃) ~~~~~~~
Sweep that LAN, sweep it!

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
David_GF
Lansweeper Tech Support
Lansweeper Tech Support

Hi @IT_Trev, you can follow the guide on how to link multiple assets: https://community.lansweeper.com/t5/managing-assets/link-assets-to-other-assets-or-users/ta-p/64304#... and link them to the Top Console User.  

Lansweeper will then automatically determine for each Windows computer which user it should be linked to. Each Windows computer will be linked to the domain user with the most logins to the machine, which is usually the user the computer is assigned to.

~~~~~~~ (〃 ̄︶ ̄)人( ̄︶ ̄〃) ~~~~~~~
Sweep that LAN, sweep it!

New to Lansweeper?

Try Lansweeper For Free

Experience Lansweeper with your own data.

Try Now