cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
paprita
Champion Sweeper
Use of lansweeper on a big network is not the same as in a small one ...
I'd like to know who use lansweeper on a network with more than 10.000 machines in order to exchange opinions and tips ...

Thanks.
3 REPLIES 3
ujdmc
Engaged Sweeper
My other thread is at http://www.lansweeper.com/forum/yaf_postsm11157_Condsidering-Purchase--Questions.aspx#11157
ujdmc
Engaged Sweeper
Did you get any takers for larger networks? I am about 1/5 the size of you... around 2,300 computers, 1,000 printers, 30 servers, 200 switches, 200 wireless AP's. We tried Spiceworks but we killed the database at about 1200 devices. We looked at LANDesk but we couldn't afford that. I would like to give this a whirl but wanted to see if it scaled. In another post of mine it was said it was running in an environment of about 30,000 computers.
paprita
Champion Sweeper
ujdmc wrote:
Did you get any takers for larger networks? I am about 1/5 the size of you... around 2,300 computers, 1,000 printers, 30 servers, 200 switches, 200 wireless AP's. We tried Spiceworks but we killed the database at about 1200 devices. We looked at LANDesk but we couldn't afford that. I would like to give this a whirl but wanted to see if it scaled. In another post of mine it was said it was running in an environment of about 30,000 computers.

I didn't tried any other software before LS for many reasons, expecially for the high costs of them.

As Mr. Lansweeper sad in your thread, I think that LS doesn't have any problem to go on big networks ... first of all you have to choose the right configuration: just 2 or 3 servers with one LS installation if you have a medium network, more servers and more LS installations (sharing the OU) in a big network.
My opinion is that this software offer lots of configuration possibility so you can choose the right one for you.

In my network now I have just one installation on 2 little servers and I have great problems of queue and db speed; in a couple of mounth I'll have 2 new servers to minimize problems. Because of queue problems (I think I wont resolve this problem at all with new servers) I'll make a second installation, with no active scanning, in order to scan single machine or single OU directly with no loose of time. Data will be syncronize on the principal database.

I don't know if LS goes perfectly on a 30k network ... I know that it goes well on my 13k (more or less) network.