cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ARMC
Engaged Sweeper II

The default view of the text field for both users and agents allows for formatting options that utilize tags (i.e. <div>, <span>, etc..) However, when trying to utilize any of the formatting options including just returning to a new line, the message errors out getting stuck at "Please Wait...100%" at which point only refreshing the page unsticks it. On some occasions when editing the outgoing email templates another error is received. I have provided an attached copy of the error.

These errors are consistent everywhere the formatting options are used. As a side note if I click the "Show Source" button and remove all of the tags that are created and just leave the text. I can send the messages without error. So it appears that something in the submission process is having a problem interpreting the tags used for formatting purposes.

Is this a known issue? If not, I am happy to report it now. 🙂

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Susan_A
Lansweeper Alumni
Just an FYI for everyone else: we answered this question via email on April 18th. Ordinarily this should not be necessary, as this should already be configured correctly by default, but we asked ARMCAdmin to make a change to the Program Files (x86)\Lansweeper\Website\web.config file of his Lansweeper installation:
Can you try the following:
  • Edit the web.config file with notepad and add the following line just above <authentication mode="Windows"/>
    <httpRuntime requestValidationMode="2.0" maxRequestLength="201900" executionTimeout="600" />

• Save the file

Please let us know if this fixes your problem

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Susan_A
Lansweeper Alumni
Just an FYI for everyone else: we answered this question via email on April 18th. Ordinarily this should not be necessary, as this should already be configured correctly by default, but we asked ARMCAdmin to make a change to the Program Files (x86)\Lansweeper\Website\web.config file of his Lansweeper installation:
Can you try the following:
  • Edit the web.config file with notepad and add the following line just above <authentication mode="Windows"/>
    <httpRuntime requestValidationMode="2.0" maxRequestLength="201900" executionTimeout="600" />

• Save the file

Please let us know if this fixes your problem
ARMC
Engaged Sweeper II
No problem. Sent to support@lansweeper.com including the requested files.

Thanks!
Michael_V
Champion Sweeper III
Please also send us your web.config file.
Michael_V
Champion Sweeper III
Can you please send this issue to support@lansweeper.com and provide your lansweeper\website\app_data\web_errorlog.txt file.