cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jprateragg
Champion Sweeper
I am creating a package, but for one of the steps, I wanted to include some packages we've already created. Is this possible? I don't see an option for it so I'm going to assume it's not possible. Thanks.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Daniel_B
Lansweeper Alumni
Copying steps between packages is not currently supported but we have this on our customer wish-list for future releases. If you would like to copy the same step(s) to multiple package, you could export your packages as XML and edit the XML versions of the packages in an editor. Ensure that you update all step numbers after inserting a step into an existing package.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Daniel_B
Lansweeper Alumni
Copying steps between packages is not currently supported but we have this on our customer wish-list for future releases. If you would like to copy the same step(s) to multiple package, you could export your packages as XML and edit the XML versions of the packages in an editor. Ensure that you update all step numbers after inserting a step into an existing package.
PeterJG
Champion Sweeper II
here is link to my request http://www.lansweeper.com/Forum/yaf_postst10797_Execute-existing-package-from-within-steps-based-on-logic.aspx

jprateragg
Champion Sweeper
That's awesome to hear!
PeterJG
Champion Sweeper II
They are working on implementing the feature.. already has been requested and added to the list. Right now you have to create new package. Or copy original package and modify.