cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
LJayP
Engaged Sweeper III
Hello All,

I have a quick question as I'm lost on what to do with this now. On lansweeper we have a custom action which will list all local profiles from the asset we have chosen then opens in command prompt and starts to clear the profiles from the local machine. If you are running windows 10 and try to use this custom action a prompt appears sayings access denied and then the command it wants to use in CMD I can copy and paste this into a CMD prompt and it will work but lansweeper won't open the command prompt. Is there a group policy setting I need to change or is this just a bug?

Thanks
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Daniel_B
Lansweeper Alumni
Asset actions are being executed on the computer you are using to open the web console and under the user account you are logged in to Windows with. This account needs to be member of the local administrators group on target computers and it needs to have read access on your actions folder (by default we share it with Everyone having read access).
Not sure if you ran the command prompt as administrator. That may be a difference. You could change the command which you are using for that action and add a "Runas /user:YourDomain\YourAdmin" at the front.
Be sure as well to correctly quote the commands you are calling.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Daniel_B
Lansweeper Alumni
This page explains different parameters you can use with runas. You might try it with the /netonly option which would cause the program to be executed under your own account but remote connections under a different one.
LJayP
Engaged Sweeper III
Thank you I will have a look at that and see if I can get it work. The runas/user extra made the cmd prompt come up but it just disappears within seconds is there anything I can add to make the cmd prompt stay up?

Thanks
Daniel_B
Lansweeper Alumni
Asset actions are being executed on the computer you are using to open the web console and under the user account you are logged in to Windows with. This account needs to be member of the local administrators group on target computers and it needs to have read access on your actions folder (by default we share it with Everyone having read access).
Not sure if you ran the command prompt as administrator. That may be a difference. You could change the command which you are using for that action and add a "Runas /user:YourDomain\YourAdmin" at the front.
Be sure as well to correctly quote the commands you are calling.