cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
blmclarin
Engaged Sweeper
How can this be? I am using the Domain Administrator account (or one just like it!) It actually worked on two PC's in my domain, but none of the others. And I made sure that each PC is setup, just like the others... What gives?
2 REPLIES 2
Esben_D
Lansweeper Employee
Lansweeper Employee
Being a domain admin is not actually required to scan Windows assets. What is important is being a Local admin. Aside from that there are some additional port requirements for identification and data retrieval.

Domain scanning requirements: https://www.lansweeper.com/knowledgebase/domain-scanning-requirements/

Additionally, you can do a test with testconnection.exe, which can be found in Program Files (x86)\Lansweeper\Actions on your Lansweeper server. Perform the test from your Lansweeper server to the client machine, submit the same credential used by Lansweeper to scan the client.
William382
Engaged Sweeper III
blmclarin wrote:
How can this be? I am using the Domain Administrator account (or one just like it!) It actually worked on two PC's in my domain, but none of the others. And I made sure that each PC is setup, just like the others... What gives?

It would really help if you list what you have tried so far. Are you certain the "like" domain admin account has the same permission on each PC, did you check compmgmt.msc and the admin grps? Were these propagated via GPO, is your replication ok..?