cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
GDSXIT
Engaged Sweeper II
I've added my switches and other network gear to the SNMP Device list.

I'd like to be able to add custom OID's and have LanSweeper go get the data from that OID and display it somehow.

For example, I can get the version of the OS on all my switches via an OID, I'd like to be able to add that to my switches in LANSweeper so I can see what version they are all on.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Esben_D
Lansweeper Employee
Lansweeper Employee
Custom OID Scanning has been included in Lansweeper 7!

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12
Esben_D
Lansweeper Employee
Lansweeper Employee
Custom OID Scanning has been included in Lansweeper 7!
WeatherDave
Engaged Sweeper II
The capability of assigning non-standard OID's to device types or actions would be incredibly useful. I.e. instead of using some 'standard' OID for some printer property (say Waste Toner level on Xerox Printers) simply give us the ability to define an OID category that will allow us to that lookup for our own defined one. Certainly would make managing these Xerox printers a lot easier.
tgt
Engaged Sweeper III
8 years....
rwllr
Engaged Sweeper II
Yes, would be interested to know how far up this is on the priority list.
Lots of devices store serial and warranty information in non standard OID locations, a swell as having other information that would be useful in custom fields.

jwood_mls
Champion Sweeper
Yep. I would like the same thing.
tgt
Engaged Sweeper III
+1
HammettMike
Engaged Sweeper III
*bump*
RDBraswell
Engaged Sweeper II
So this has been on the customer wish list for over 5 years and nothing has even been announced regarding this feature? Is there at least a way to for us to find out what will and wont be scanned so we can choose compatible hardware? Could we at least get that information?
novasam
Engaged Sweeper III
Very cool idea, maybe implement much like how we can scan for a file or registry key, and report on those items. The only difference is that each OID would likely have to be assigned to a device type.

Another options is to have a built in Master MIB database file, that we can import MIB files we receive from our vendors.

Than we can assign Custom OID values from this MIB DB and assign it to a device type manually.