cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Frederick
Engaged Sweeper II
I've created a new ticket type and created new custom fields. All the other tickets point to this new one so basically all the user sees is the "Trouble Ticket." This ticket has custom fields but they don't display when a user clicks on new ticket. Now if I were to allow the user to see another type of ticket (ie. IT Support), and they were to select one then back to the other, then the custom fields would populate the ticket. I even made the fields a requirement. What do I need to do to ensure the fields are displayed?
3 REPLIES 3
Esben_D
Lansweeper Employee
Lansweeper Employee
Strange. Best thing to do would be to send an email to our support team at support@lansweeper.com with a short description and a screenshot of your full ticket type setup and what the helpdesk user sees.

Additionally you can add the following two files to check for underlying causes:
  • Program Files (x86)\Lansweeper\Service\Errorlog.txt, as present on your Lansweeper server.
  • Program Files (x86)\Lansweeper\Website\App_Data\web_errorlog.txt, if it exists.
Frederick
Engaged Sweeper II
I'm running version 6.0.100.87, the latest version. I have my setup basically exactly as you have shown. But for some reason, I have to cycle the ticket type for the custom fields to show up. I thought that it might be browser specific but I've tried this on different browsers and still the same results.
Esben_D
Lansweeper Employee
Lansweeper Employee

I tested this myself and it works for me. I set all my other ticket types to show as "End User support" and only "End User Support" has a required custom field. When I log in with a helpdesk user, the custom field does show up and is required.

What version are you on? The latest one is 6.0.100.87

This is my setup:
Ticket type options

New to Lansweeper?

Try Lansweeper For Free

Experience Lansweeper with your own data.

Try Now