cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
binaryguy01
Engaged Sweeper II

I am looking for a way to add a widget that would allow me to group several VLAN IP location assets for each remote branch we support. In a really old version of Lansweeper (v6 if I remember), we used to be able to create Folders and add IP locations, assets, etc. Is there a way for me to group several VLAN IP location for each branch, and add to a widget on the dashboard?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
binaryguy01
Engaged Sweeper II

I found the solution I needed for this myself.

• I created the 5 VLAN IP ranges for each location on the Configuration-Asset Groups- IP Address Range locations.
  • I then created a Dynamic Asset Group for each location on the Configuration-Asset Groups- Dynamic Asset Groups. 
  • I linked all 5 IP locations to the dynamic asset group by adding a filter for each IP Location to the appropriate dynamic group.
  • On the Dashboard, I added the Asset Group Overview widget, which now lists all the dynamic groups created.

When we click on a dynamic group, we now see assets in all 5 IP locations on 1 page. This speeds up asset tracking and support.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
rom
Champion Sweeper III

Nice solution -  what I do is -  1)add the vlan/description/range in the scan targets like you did...  and 2) go to IP Location configuration, take those ranges, and add the five of them with the exact same name.  So, BAM - every report that uses IP Location will now have all of those VLANs rolled up in one location.  Plus, reporting on dynamic asset groups is a pain in the you-know-what, versus a left join on tsysiplocations table for whatever report you want to make.

Or, do both solutions and see which one you like best!

binaryguy01
Engaged Sweeper II

I found the solution I needed for this myself.

• I created the 5 VLAN IP ranges for each location on the Configuration-Asset Groups- IP Address Range locations.
  • I then created a Dynamic Asset Group for each location on the Configuration-Asset Groups- Dynamic Asset Groups. 
  • I linked all 5 IP locations to the dynamic asset group by adding a filter for each IP Location to the appropriate dynamic group.
  • On the Dashboard, I added the Asset Group Overview widget, which now lists all the dynamic groups created.

When we click on a dynamic group, we now see assets in all 5 IP locations on 1 page. This speeds up asset tracking and support.

New to Lansweeper?

Try Lansweeper For Free

Experience Lansweeper with your own data.

Try Now