cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
keys_it
Engaged Sweeper III
Hello,

I am trying to configure a deployment to cover our multiple "Office 365 Click to Run technologies". I thought this would be simple since we already have our multiple installs configured and when we go to install, we just run a batch script that runs the specified command. I am however getting an error when testing the script to run via CMD installer package.

I can successfully run the command via a Command Prompt without hesitations, but when I configure the command via a package, I get the following error in the Deployments tab on the workstation:

Result: Deployment ended: Incorrect function. Stop(Failure). Credential: (<domain>\<user>). ShareCredential: (<domain>\<user>).

Here is my package xml:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<Package>
<Name>OneDrive for Business</Name>
<Description>Deploys OneDrive for Business from \\dfs_path\Office 365 2013\E1\ folder</Description>
<ShutdownOption>0</ShutdownOption>
<ShutdownTime>0</ShutdownTime>
<MaxDuration>900</MaxDuration>
<Rescan>True</Rescan>
<Steps>
<Step>
<Nr>1</Nr>
<Name>Install OneDrive</Name>
<Type>2</Type>
<ReturnCodes>0,1641,3010</ReturnCodes>
<Success>-2</Success>
<Failure>-3</Failure>
<Path></Path>
<Parameters></Parameters>
<MSIParameters></MSIParameters>
<MSIName></MSIName>
<MSIVersion></MSIVersion>
<Command>"\\dfs_path\Office 365 2013\E1\setup.exe" /configure "\\dfs_path\Office 365 2013\E1\OneDriveInstall.xml"</Command>
<EditMode>False</EditMode>
<Conditions />
</Step>
</Steps>
<SoftwareVersion>5217</SoftwareVersion>
</Package>

The only thing I can contribute to this error is that the setup.exe always returns a UAC prompt when we run it via command prompt or batch script.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
keys_it
Engaged Sweeper III
Bert,

Thank you so much for pointing me in the right direction. Your suggestion did not work but I decided to encapsulate the entire command in quotes and after doing so, I can now successfully deploy our Click to Run products.

Modified Package XML:

<Package>
<Description>Deploys OneDrive for Business from \\dfs_path\deployments\Office 365 2013\E1\ folder</Description>
<Rescan>True</Rescan>
<Steps>
<Step>
<Nr>1</Nr>
<Type>2</Type>
<Success>-2</Success>
<Failure>-3</Failure>
<Path></Path>
<MSIName></MSIName>
<Command>""\\dfs_path\deployments\Office 365 2013\E1\setup.exe" /configure "\\dfs_path\deployments\Office 365 2013\E1\OneDriveInstall.xml""</Command>
<Conditions />
</Step>
</Steps>
</Package>

If anyone else has trouble deploying Click To Run products, contact me as you will need to have a few specific items in your Configuration.xml file for the Office deployment tool. Thank you Lansweeper for providing Deployments in your packages, this will save me and my techs from going to hundreds of machines and deploying OneDrive for Business and Lync Basic.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
Argon0
Champion Sweeper
Sorry to ask, but does this actually install OneDrive client? I can't find the 'Product ID' for OneDrive on any of the linked pages..

Also do you have a way to install Teams?

Cheers

Argon0
keys_it
Engaged Sweeper III
First off, you need the Product ID for the type of package you are deploying. Product ID's can be found at https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/2842297.

You create the XML configuration file in the editor of your choice. Here is the code:

<Configuration>
<Add SourcePath="\\dfs_path\deployments\Office 365 2013\E3" OfficeClientEdition="32" >
<Product ID="O365ProPlusRetail">
<Language ID="en-us" />
</Product>
</Add>
<Display Level="None" AcceptEULA="TRUE" />
<Logging Name="OfficeSetup.txt" Path="%temp%" />
<Property Name="AUTOACTIVATE" Value="1" />
<Property Name="FORCEAPPSHUTDOWN" Value="TRUE" />
</Configuration>

Please note the xml nodes added to the configuration file are all mandatory to be able to deploy from Lansweeper silently. The other requirement is that the Account used for deploying the software must be a member of the local admins group or it will fail.

You still need to get your deployment share setup and have the click to run tool downloaded and all Product IDs that you plan to deploy already setup prior to being able to deploy in Lansweeper. This is a good place to get started: https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/jj219422.aspx.
jutley
Engaged Sweeper III
Add me to the list of people interested in the configuration.xml file for deploying Office.

anthony_catalan
Engaged Sweeper
Hello,

I was wondering if you could send me the configuration xml file that you have used in deploying office 2016.

I am looking for as much help as possible to get office 2016 deployed.

Thanks,

Anthony
Bert_D
Lansweeper Employee
Lansweeper Employee
Glad to hear you found the solution.
We also found the same 'fix' you used here.

This will of course be included in the next upgrade.
keys_it
Engaged Sweeper III
Bert,

Thank you so much for pointing me in the right direction. Your suggestion did not work but I decided to encapsulate the entire command in quotes and after doing so, I can now successfully deploy our Click to Run products.

Modified Package XML:

<Package>
<Description>Deploys OneDrive for Business from \\dfs_path\deployments\Office 365 2013\E1\ folder</Description>
<Rescan>True</Rescan>
<Steps>
<Step>
<Nr>1</Nr>
<Type>2</Type>
<Success>-2</Success>
<Failure>-3</Failure>
<Path></Path>
<MSIName></MSIName>
<Command>""\\dfs_path\deployments\Office 365 2013\E1\setup.exe" /configure "\\dfs_path\deployments\Office 365 2013\E1\OneDriveInstall.xml""</Command>
<Conditions />
</Step>
</Steps>
</Package>

If anyone else has trouble deploying Click To Run products, contact me as you will need to have a few specific items in your Configuration.xml file for the Office deployment tool. Thank you Lansweeper for providing Deployments in your packages, this will save me and my techs from going to hundreds of machines and deploying OneDrive for Business and Lync Basic.
Bert_D
Lansweeper Employee
Lansweeper Employee
Hi,

Could you try using a path (command) that does not use spaces and see if that makes a difference.

Thanks