cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
E-Dub
Engaged Sweeper
Version: 5305

I set up a deployment which ultimately auto reboots after the install of the software.
This works great interactively so I decided to set up a schedule. I set a 1 time at 17:00:00 hours but as soon as I saved it, it started running instead of waiting for the schedule.

Needless to say about 40 PCs auto rebooted and the phone rang off the hook. Good thing I didn't do it for the whole company.

Might want to check this out.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Daniel_B
Lansweeper Alumni
Could you update your installation to the latest version on our website. We recently reproduced this issue, but only in rare cases. In case you could still reproduce it on the latest version (deploying to test machines), could you send a mail to support@lansweeper.com with the following
- an XLS export of the deployment logs
- An XML export of the package you deployed
- screenshot of your deployment setup (showing to which groups/assets/reports you deployed and with which parameters)
- Program Files (x86)\Lansweeper\Service\errorlog.txt as present on your Lansweeper server

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
E-Dub
Engaged Sweeper
I've updated to the latest version.

I went to set a deploy schedule for 1 machine and even though it's listed in Lansweeper and is active, it's not showing up as a selection when I select ASSETS for the deployments. There's actually a few that aren't showing up in the list.
I found one that was in the list and it set the schedule. It didn't auto run. I clicked the DEPLOY button and it didn't install:

This was the msg: Initialization complete! Waiting for client to respond. Credential: [USER]. ShareCredential: (USER).

Daniel_B
Lansweeper Alumni
EJW wrote:
This was the msg: Initialization complete! Waiting for client to respond. Credential: [USER]. ShareCredential: (USER).

After this message you need to wait. After some time either the machine turns out to be not reachable or it will change to another message which indicates the status of the deployment. If you have issues, deploying to certain machines or machines are missing in your asset selection list, could you send a mail to support@lansweeper.com with the following
  • Link to this forum topic
  • Program Files (x86)\Lansweeper\Service\errorlog.txt as present on your Lansweeper server
  • Screenshot of the asset page of a computer which is not visible or to which you can't deploy, showing tabs Summary and Error if present
  • Output of Program Files (x86)\Lansweeper\Actions\testconnection.exe after running a test from your Lansweeper server to the same problem machine. Provide the same credential to the tool which Lansweeper uses as well.
Daniel_B
Lansweeper Alumni
Could you update your installation to the latest version on our website. We recently reproduced this issue, but only in rare cases. In case you could still reproduce it on the latest version (deploying to test machines), could you send a mail to support@lansweeper.com with the following
- an XLS export of the deployment logs
- An XML export of the package you deployed
- screenshot of your deployment setup (showing to which groups/assets/reports you deployed and with which parameters)
- Program Files (x86)\Lansweeper\Service\errorlog.txt as present on your Lansweeper server