cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
aplrich
Engaged Sweeper III
I'm trying deploy a vbscript to a group of machines and for some reason, for the windows 2008R2 targets the package is timing out.

The package is running as the scanning account (domain admin)
I can see on the target server event logs that the scanning account has triggered a logon event
I can see on the target server that the remotedeployment exe file is running
I can see on the target server that the scheduled task is running
If I run the script manually it works without issue.
The deployment works on other OS's, e.g Windows 7, Windows 2012

It looks like it's hanging after calling the remotedeployment executable as I never see a wscript.exe running on the server (its a vbscript i'm deploying).

Any suggestions?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Daniel_B
Lansweeper Alumni
A possible cause of the issue is that a security file warning pops up which asks for confirmation to execute the script, as it is from a network location. You can test it by deploying the package under the currently logged on user and having a look at the screen while the deployment is running.
A workaround is adding a command step which copies the VBS to the local hard-disk first. Then call the script locally instead of using the {PackageShare} in your Script step.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Daniel_B
Lansweeper Alumni
A possible cause of the issue is that a security file warning pops up which asks for confirmation to execute the script, as it is from a network location. You can test it by deploying the package under the currently logged on user and having a look at the screen while the deployment is running.
A workaround is adding a command step which copies the VBS to the local hard-disk first. Then call the script locally instead of using the {PackageShare} in your Script step.
aplrich
Engaged Sweeper III
Just to add to this. I've just come up with a work around by configuring the deployment as a command rather than a script. And setting the command as 'wscript.exe "location\of\vbsfile"

This works.

Why would it not work deploying the vbs script directly?