cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
andyman
Engaged Sweeper II
We have a deployment that runs on a schedule. The deployment runs on approx 2000 computers, but some of them are offline (about 20-30%). When we specify a 2 days retry "when a computer is offline" interval, then we are not able to run any other deployment during those 2 days after the deployment has started, because the deployment engine is constantly retrying to deploy on the offline assets every 15 minutes, so other deployments are launched with a huge delay (up to 6-8 hours). Is there any way to redefine the 15 minutes retry interval or to change the deployment engine behavior to enable simultaneous deployments in the case when one of tnem is constantly retrying to deploy?

LS version 5.3.0.8
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Bert_D
Lansweeper Employee
Lansweeper Employee
There was a problem with some deployments taking a long time to start (fixed from version 5.3.0.9 and up)

Could you execute the following SQL code (press the spoiler button) and see if this changes the 6-8 hour wait time
DELETE FROM tsysPackageExecution WHERE executionid NOT IN (SELECT MAX(executionid) FROM tsysPackageExecution GROUP BY PackageScheduleID, ScanServer)

This SQL code will be removed from this post once 5.3.0.9 is released

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
andyman
Engaged Sweeper II
The script successfully deleted several hundrends of thousands records. After that I launched another deployment, 30 minutes have passed, but still nothing happens. The number of records in tsysPackageExecution is slowly growing again. Then I executed the script again, so the package I'd launched executed succesfully. So, the procedure is as foloows: 1. launch the required deployment, 2. execute the script.

Thanks for help, hope the next version will come shortly.
Bert_D
Lansweeper Employee
Lansweeper Employee
There was a problem with some deployments taking a long time to start (fixed from version 5.3.0.9 and up)

Could you execute the following SQL code (press the spoiler button) and see if this changes the 6-8 hour wait time
DELETE FROM tsysPackageExecution WHERE executionid NOT IN (SELECT MAX(executionid) FROM tsysPackageExecution GROUP BY PackageScheduleID, ScanServer)

This SQL code will be removed from this post once 5.3.0.9 is released
andyman
Engaged Sweeper II
When I setup this deployment to run after scanning everything works like a charm. But it's too frequent in my case, I don't want to run this heavyweight application every time the Lansweeper scans a PC. That's why I had to define a separate schedule for this deployment.
MakeBug
Champion Sweeper
I have set all deployments to start after scanning (which happens daily at 8 am) AND just for trying I've also set a retry interval of 1 week.
I thought I'd also run into this because well...they technically SHOULD retry for the following week. Strangely this doesn't happen, the deployments run if the computer is online, or don't if it's offline (maybe the scan doesn't even start when a device is offline and because of this the deployment doesn't start?)

New to Lansweeper?

Try Lansweeper For Free

Experience Lansweeper with your own data.

Try Now