cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Azkor
Engaged Sweeper II
Hi, I have a question for the Lansweeper team. I have recently moved to a new company and I am actively trying to convince them to implement Lansweeper. The company is very silo'd with a lot of branch offices that are not part of a central domain. I know that I can scan an untrusted domain with the KB article on mapping a new domain. However, can I deploy the LS client and have them report back to the server that way? Or any other way to scan and report on a bunch of offices that dont share a central domain?

Domain consolidation is on the horizon, but it might be many months before that is complete and I would like to try and get asset management and AD management in place.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Daniel_B
Lansweeper Alumni
If you can't ensure a working network connection and DNS infrastructure between several networks, you might opt for LsPush. This is a small executable which scans Windows computers and sends the result back to your Lansweeper server using direct server connection (port 9524/TCP by default), file share or mail. You can find details in this KB article. It is possible to configure a scheduled task for running LsPush and deploy it via group policy.

In order to agentless scan foreign domains without domain trust, you'll need to add the correct DNS server and DNS suffixes to your Lansweeper server's network settings, as described here. Certain ports need to be open as well. With LsPush you don't need all this.

LsClient is the only scanning method available in the freeware version of Lansweeper. Technically it equals the agentless scanning methods, as your Lansweeper server will be scanning the target computers.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Susan_A
Lansweeper Alumni
Yes, you can map specific credentials to specific domains. More info on creating and mapping credentials can be found in this knowledge base article.
Azkor
Engaged Sweeper II
Thank you for the detailed answer. One last question.

Since the domains are not necessarily connected or trusted, on my credentials can I set them up as domain admin X for one domain and domain admin y for the next and so on?
Daniel_B
Lansweeper Alumni
If you can't ensure a working network connection and DNS infrastructure between several networks, you might opt for LsPush. This is a small executable which scans Windows computers and sends the result back to your Lansweeper server using direct server connection (port 9524/TCP by default), file share or mail. You can find details in this KB article. It is possible to configure a scheduled task for running LsPush and deploy it via group policy.

In order to agentless scan foreign domains without domain trust, you'll need to add the correct DNS server and DNS suffixes to your Lansweeper server's network settings, as described here. Certain ports need to be open as well. With LsPush you don't need all this.

LsClient is the only scanning method available in the freeware version of Lansweeper. Technically it equals the agentless scanning methods, as your Lansweeper server will be scanning the target computers.