cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
group-it
Engaged Sweeper II
Hi,

we use a central lansweeper server 5.2.0.33 with a sql-server 2014 database. the scanning-process works fine, but we're facing a few problems with some of our assets.

for exmaple: we have a server that is not able to be scanned => "access denied"

if i test it with the tool connectionteste directly from the scan-server it works perfect (siehe screenshot)

We nearly checked all the settings mentioned on your kb-article.
what else can it be ?

greetings
Torsten
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Susan_A
Lansweeper Alumni
If testconnection.exe can access the machine, Lansweeper will be able to as well, *if* it's run in the same way as testconnection. Please:
  • Double-check whether you've correctly submitted your credential, the same one used in testconnection, in the Configuration\Scanning Setup\Scanning Credentials section of the Lansweeper web console.
  • If the credential is a non-global Windows credential, double-check whether the credential is correctly mapped to the computer's domain, computer name, IP address or IP range under Configuration\Scanning Setup\Scanning Credentials. Non-global credentials *must* be mapped.
  • Double-check whether the 172.25.150.X IP range is correctly submitted for scanning in the IP Address Range Scanning section of Configuration\Scanning Setup\Scanning Methods.
  • Rescan your ranges by hitting the Scan All Enabled IP Ranges Now button.
  • Wait for your queue to clear under Configuration\Scanning Setup\Scanning Queue.
  • Refresh the computer page.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Susan_A
Lansweeper Alumni
The global Windows credential is tried for all Windows machines, when all other credentials have failed. If you configured the credential in testconnection as your global credential, you should be able to scan the machine without issue. I suspect that either:
  • The account name and/or password were incorrectly submitted as part of the global credential.
  • You were seeing an old scanning error on the computer page.
group-it
Engaged Sweeper II
Hi,

i tried everything you mentioned; but nothing worked and ALL settings were definitely correct.

Now i found a soultion:
I added an entry under Configuration\Scanning Setup\Scanning Credentials\Credential Mapping for the windows-coimputer account and mapped the windows-login to it. That works fine !

The question is: why does it not work for the ip-range with the same credentials (defined as global creds.)

greetings Torsten
Susan_A
Lansweeper Alumni
If testconnection.exe can access the machine, Lansweeper will be able to as well, *if* it's run in the same way as testconnection. Please:
  • Double-check whether you've correctly submitted your credential, the same one used in testconnection, in the Configuration\Scanning Setup\Scanning Credentials section of the Lansweeper web console.
  • If the credential is a non-global Windows credential, double-check whether the credential is correctly mapped to the computer's domain, computer name, IP address or IP range under Configuration\Scanning Setup\Scanning Credentials. Non-global credentials *must* be mapped.
  • Double-check whether the 172.25.150.X IP range is correctly submitted for scanning in the IP Address Range Scanning section of Configuration\Scanning Setup\Scanning Methods.
  • Rescan your ranges by hitting the Scan All Enabled IP Ranges Now button.
  • Wait for your queue to clear under Configuration\Scanning Setup\Scanning Queue.
  • Refresh the computer page.