cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ryan_V
Engaged Sweeper
I would like to use Lansweeper to run a report at 8pm to check to see which machines in our Active directory domain are still online.

It doesn't seem like a hard thing to ask, to have a report created at a certain time showing the online status of our windows machines, but I can't for the life of me figure out how. I've done multiple google searches, and I'm not really coming up with a set of simple instructions.

I'm fairly new to my role and have inherited Lansweeper but never used it before so I'm a bit lost, and right now I'm pretty busy and just don't have the time to invest in training up on it. It would be far faster for me just to write a batch script that manually pings all the machines and writes the output to a text file, but I would like to get more familiar with Lansweeper so we can use more of the features we are paying for!

Any guidance you can give would be appreciated!
2 REPLIES 2
Ryan_V
Engaged Sweeper
Hi Frank,

Thanks for your reply. This is good to know. I didn't want to use it as a monitoring tool, and I'm still pretty new to Lansweeper, but it's so good at so many different things I just assumed it would be able to do this as well.
FrankSc
Lansweeper Tech Support
Lansweeper Tech Support
Hello Ryan

Just some general recommendations on this.

Lansweeper is mainly an inventory tool rather than a monitoring tool. Computers are being scanned in most cases once or twice a day. The scanned information is stored in the database, and allows you to run reports. This includes also uptime events that are pulled from Event Viewer.

If you run a report in the morning and your computers were last scanned the day before in the afternoon, your report will not contain actual information. So your request is mainly a monitoring feature, which we don't have unfortunately at this moment. Maybe we can include this in a future release.