cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Joey_Elam
Engaged Sweeper II
I've noticed with LSPUSH client (up to date), the "encryptable volumes" information is invalid. Scenario:

user logs into machine, and LSPUSH client runs and updates lansweeper
machine now reports "No information found" under Config / Encryptable volumes
run a manual scan "rescan asset" from lansweeper
scan completes, encryptable volumes not reports drives and ON/OFF status as it should.

Since we have the LSPUSH running on login for all users, this messes up our reports for encryptable volumes..

Any ideas how to fix?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Susan_A
Lansweeper Alumni
The update that prevents LsPush from overwriting previously scanned win32_encryptablevolume data is now linked on our download page. You can update your installation by following these instructions.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Susan_A
Lansweeper Alumni
The update that prevents LsPush from overwriting previously scanned win32_encryptablevolume data is now linked on our download page. You can update your installation by following these instructions.
Bert_D
Lansweeper Employee
Lansweeper Employee
Hi,

Please contact support@lansweeper.com. (refer this post)
We have a new version that changes this 'overwriting' behavior. LsPush should no longer overwrite win32_encryptablevolume data previously scanned by agentless scanning methods.
Susan_A
Lansweeper Alumni
If you're seeing LsPush overwrite previously scanned win32_encryptablevolume data, I'm assuming this behavior is hard coded into the scanning service and cannot be customized. I'll ask development to change the scanning procedure so LsPush doesn't overwrite previously scanned win32_encryptablevolume records, though I'm not sure when they'll implement this change. You can enable the update check under Configuration\Your License to be notified of any new Lansweeper releases.
Joey_Elam
Engaged Sweeper II
Thanks! That does make sense.

One follow up question. It seems that the "push" scan indeed OVERWRITES existing encryption information in the LS database. Is there anything that can stop that from occurring? So, in otherwords only record encryption info from scans originating from the LS server, and ignore encryption info sent from LSPUSH?

If not, It does look like LSClient might be better, but we do like the LSpush as it's so quick on logon.

Thanks.
KrisNelson
Champion Sweeper
LSclient might be a better solution than LSPush if you need encrypted volume information.

Scanning with lsclient

-Kris
Michael_V
Champion Sweeper III
The win32_encryptablevolume class is one of the few classes that need administrative rights even when accessed locally:
https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/desktop/aa376483%28v=vs.85%29.aspx

If you scan the computer remotely you are most likely using an administrative credential.
If you run lspush with a standard user you won't get any information from this class.

New to Lansweeper?

Try Lansweeper For Free

Experience Lansweeper with your own data.

Try Now