cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SPedraza
Engaged Sweeper
Hello everyone,

I have a bunch of assets with the error "WMI Access Denied." This is due to not having an account with higher rights to scan it. My question is if I need to have a service account with admin rights for every server and workstation in order to be able to be scanned and be able to push and deploy packages or is there another way to be able to accomplish this without having an account as an admin.

Thanks,
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
CyberCitizen
Honored Sweeper
Ideally, you would have a domain admin service account that has access to scan the required PC's & Servers. Otherwise it doesn't have access therefore can't scan and get the necessary data.

You could use Group Policy with LSPush for example to generate the info, however you wont be able to deploy software still.

Basically you need a domain admin service account, a deployment share that all users have read and execute rights to (to allow access to the packages for deployment).

I would suggest reviewing the scanning requirements to ensure you have all the necessary details setup correctly.
https://www.lansweeper.com/knowledgebase/workgroup-scanning-requirements/

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
CyberCitizen
Honored Sweeper
Ideally, you would have a domain admin service account that has access to scan the required PC's & Servers. Otherwise it doesn't have access therefore can't scan and get the necessary data.

You could use Group Policy with LSPush for example to generate the info, however you wont be able to deploy software still.

Basically you need a domain admin service account, a deployment share that all users have read and execute rights to (to allow access to the packages for deployment).

I would suggest reviewing the scanning requirements to ensure you have all the necessary details setup correctly.
https://www.lansweeper.com/knowledgebase/workgroup-scanning-requirements/

New to Lansweeper?

Try Lansweeper For Free

Experience Lansweeper with your own data.

Try Now