cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DVandekraats
Engaged Sweeper

Our Lansweeper scans across several Windows domains. The global scanning credentials are configured for an account in one of our domains. All but one of our domains have two-way trusts with this domain. The one domain without the trust continues to display scanning errors for an "Active Directory Domain" scan pointing to "Invalid credentials, scanned by Global (domain\user)".

1. There seems no way to specify a scanning credential for an "Active Directory Domain" scan - Does it always use the Global Credentials?

2. Is there a way to configure the Global Credential to use the target domain account, i.e. like how ".\account" uses the local account for the target computer, is their a way of specifying the Global Credential to use <target_domain>/account?

3. Is there another scanning method I should have used for this one domain that doesn't have a trust to the Global Credential's domain account?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Brown_Dog_NG
Champion Sweeper

Global Scanning Credentials should be used as a last resort connectivity test, at least that is my understanding. If you have multiple domains, I would suggest creating specific credential entries for each Domain. When Lansweeper scans a device successfully, it will prioritize that credentials when it tests the device again. If the previously successful creds stop working, then it will then revert to going down the list of assigned credentials again.

I've included an example of ours below. I leverage a Domain Admin Account first and then have local accounts (Ex .\admin) with various passwords to try if the Domain Account fails.

BrandonBrown_0-1695914754356.png

-Don't forget to hand out Kudos and mark Solutions to replies you receive!-
LS Tech Support Email: Support@lansweeper.com
LS Tech Support KB: https://www.lansweeper.com/contact-support/

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Brown_Dog_NG
Champion Sweeper

Global Scanning Credentials should be used as a last resort connectivity test, at least that is my understanding. If you have multiple domains, I would suggest creating specific credential entries for each Domain. When Lansweeper scans a device successfully, it will prioritize that credentials when it tests the device again. If the previously successful creds stop working, then it will then revert to going down the list of assigned credentials again.

I've included an example of ours below. I leverage a Domain Admin Account first and then have local accounts (Ex .\admin) with various passwords to try if the Domain Account fails.

BrandonBrown_0-1695914754356.png

-Don't forget to hand out Kudos and mark Solutions to replies you receive!-
LS Tech Support Email: Support@lansweeper.com
LS Tech Support KB: https://www.lansweeper.com/contact-support/