cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
lanwol86
Engaged Sweeper II
Dear Lansweeper Support Team,

we run Lansweeper 5081 (SQL Compact) on a virtual Windows Server 2012.
We have around 1600 assets in our database file, which is 1.4 GB in size.

I had to repair the corrupted database in october and a few days ago, and would like some hints why the database gets corrupted and how this can be avoided.

The database file is not scanned by antivirus software.
Should we stop the lansweeper service before rebooting the server?
Is there some way to determine what caused the corruption? Maybe some log files I could send?
I do know when lansweeper stopped working the last time, and some minutes before the lansweeper service crashed, this might be helpful, too.

Thanks in advance!
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
This problem happens when a process (lansweeper) is writing to the file during an unexpected shutdown (power failure?)

Do you have any unexpected shutdowns of this server?

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
lanwol86
Engaged Sweeper II
The vm had been rebooted shortly before the database corruption occured.
This was a planned reboot, but it didn't go well, since there's this entry in the windows system events after the reboot: "Der Computer wurde nach einem schwerwiegenden Fehler neu gestartet."

Would a Lansweeper installation that uses an SQl Express DB be more robust (and perform better)?

I read that you plan to implement a data import from SQL Compact to SQL Express in release 5.1., I would find that quite useful.
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
lanwol86 wrote:

Would a Lansweeper installation that uses an SQl Express DB be more robust (and perform better)?

Any database "might" have problems after an unexpected shutdown.

The tool will be released together with version 5.1
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
This problem happens when a process (lansweeper) is writing to the file during an unexpected shutdown (power failure?)

Do you have any unexpected shutdowns of this server?