cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
EZAG
Engaged Sweeper
Hello

I'd like to know how LSW finds its assets and avoids duplicates.

Situation
There is an asset, called sqlsrv01, that LSW finds and adds to the asset pool all by itself. It even fetches the warranty information and such from Dells website. All good.

Now I delete this assets but keep the IP in mind. Now I want to add the same asset by hand but I give LSW only the asset name and the serial. I want LSW to update the remainig information by itself.

Finally I do a rescan on the IP address. Now the asset sqlsrv01 appears twice. But the asset that I've add manually is still untouched.

Question
What do I have to do, to force LSW to update the existing asset, instead of creating a new one.

Thanks, Robert
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
You need to submit the correct computer name *and* domain name when you manually create the asset, as the computer name/domain name combination is used as a Windows computer's ID.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
You set the asset type incorrectly. You need to set the asset type to "Windows" and, as stated previously, submit the correct computer name and domain. Lansweeper cannot correctly scan a Windows computer if you set the asset type to something other than "Windows".
EZAG
Engaged Sweeper
Hey

Thanks for the answer. Still no luck on my site and there is no domain field. I am using "fqdn" instead. Here are some screenshots... hope they help.

This is the manually added asset

I've delete all assets that carry the same name or serial, except the manually added asset

Now I rescan the ip 172.16.0.11

LSW adds this asset

When i look for the serial again I get this

Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
You need to submit the correct computer name *and* domain name when you manually create the asset, as the computer name/domain name combination is used as a Windows computer's ID.