cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
whoami
Engaged Sweeper II

Hello everyone,

I can't seem to figure out where to find the "comments" field from an asset's edit page in the report builder.

I've seen results online for adding comments from the "comments tab" of an asset. But I am looking for the "comments" field which doesn't seem to be included in tblAssetsComments. I can only find the "description" field under "tblAssets". Perhaps I need more coffee.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Obi_1_Cinobi
Lansweeper Tech Support
Lansweeper Tech Support

Hello there!

This tblAssetComments stores the comments added to your assets’ Comments tab. Note that the Comments field found in the Summary tab pulls from tblAssetCustom.Comments instead and is provided for backward compatibility with older Lansweeper releases.

This is also documented in our database documentation: https://community.lansweeper.com/t5/reporting/access-lansweeper-database-documentation/ta-p/64481

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
whoami
Engaged Sweeper II

brandon_jones
Champion Sweeper III

It is located in tblassetcomments.comment

I tried adding that table, but only seem to get the auto-generated comments from "AddedBy" Lansweeper.

It doesn't seem to pull in comments added by user's on the main asset info page.

I added the tblAssetsComments table using a full join to tblAssets to ensure I wasn't missing anything.

Obi_1_Cinobi
Lansweeper Tech Support
Lansweeper Tech Support

Hello there!

This tblAssetComments stores the comments added to your assets’ Comments tab. Note that the Comments field found in the Summary tab pulls from tblAssetCustom.Comments instead and is provided for backward compatibility with older Lansweeper releases.

This is also documented in our database documentation: https://community.lansweeper.com/t5/reporting/access-lansweeper-database-documentation/ta-p/64481

whoami
Engaged Sweeper II

Thanks! Not sure how I missed that. I think I kept scrolling over it in the editor.