cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jprateragg
Champion Sweeper
We're using LS 6.0. I would like to remove the location lock we have enabled on about 100+ assets. I really don't want to go through one by one and remove it manually. We're using the non-SQL Server version. I tried creating a report and executing an UPDATE query, but it always reports the column is invalid, which I know it's not. Is this possible? Thanks!
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Karel_DS
Champion Sweeper III
On the 'All Assets' page you can 'Mass Edit Assets', however this is not possible for locks (yet). The following query should work and can be run on the Configuration -> Database Scripts page: UPDATE tblAssetCustom set LocationLock = 0

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Susan_A
Lansweeper Alumni
The report builder can only be used to query data, not change data. Just an FYI for everyone: always back up your database prior to running any database scripts that change data, just to be safe.
jprateragg
Champion Sweeper
Okay, that worked perfectly. I didn't know about the Database Scripts page. I was trying to execute it from the Reports page. Thanks!
Karel_DS
Champion Sweeper III
On the 'All Assets' page you can 'Mass Edit Assets', however this is not possible for locks (yet). The following query should work and can be run on the Configuration -> Database Scripts page: UPDATE tblAssetCustom set LocationLock = 0