cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
joes3
Engaged Sweeper III

Thank you very much for getting the Dell and HP warranty/purchase information working again!

I've got an oddball problem here. A single HP computer is showing a purchase date that is completely wrong. Warranty date is correct and all other information seems correct. Other HP computers of the same model are fully accurate. I'm currently waiting on one of my remote users to get back in the office so I can scan his computer again because he has the exact same product number computer purchased (by us) on the same day as the one that's showing up inaccurate on my report.

Here's a screenshot of the built-in Computer: Warranty overview report
(computer name | OS | Model | Serial | Purchase Date | Warranty Expiration Date
Capture3C.PNG

The computer in question is the very last one on that list ending in 075. As can be seen, it's an HP ProBook 640 G1 which didn't even launch from HP until 2013 and the very first ProBook ever launched by HP came out in 2009 yet the purchase date shown here is in 2008. I'm not sure yet whether this is an actual error by HP (somehow?) or if the problem is even related at all to Lansweeper but I thought I should at least bring it up here in case anyone else had seen this before. Once I have a chance to scan computer 076 I should at least have an identical computer to compare it to so I'll know if it's specific to this one computer or to the series.

Cheers!
Joe

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Obi_1_Cinobi
Lansweeper Tech Support
Lansweeper Tech Support

Hello there!

This is quite an old thread here, and there have been many changes and fixes in the meantime. But here is the latest status:

HP warranty

The HP Warranty API is a RESTful programmatic interface that provides warranty information about HP devices. It is designed for HP's enterprise customers to check the warranty status of their fleet of HP devices. However, the HP Warranty API is currently not available for IT service companies and third-party ISVs that need to check warranty information for their customers' devices. As a result, at this time, Lansweeper is unable to retrieve HP warranty information.

Dell warranty

Fully functional in the latest version of Lansweeper.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
NickTot
Engaged Sweeper

Has this really been fixed? The data we had in the purchase date filed is slowly getting removed as it scans and comes back empty. Do we need to do anything on our instance?

Obi_1_Cinobi
Lansweeper Tech Support
Lansweeper Tech Support

Hello there!

This is quite an old thread here, and there have been many changes and fixes in the meantime. But here is the latest status:

HP warranty

The HP Warranty API is a RESTful programmatic interface that provides warranty information about HP devices. It is designed for HP's enterprise customers to check the warranty status of their fleet of HP devices. However, the HP Warranty API is currently not available for IT service companies and third-party ISVs that need to check warranty information for their customers' devices. As a result, at this time, Lansweeper is unable to retrieve HP warranty information.

Dell warranty

Fully functional in the latest version of Lansweeper.

Susan_A
Lansweeper Alumni
We use the earliest warranty start date as the purchase date, that is correct.

If there are specific warranty products (i.e. "Service Types") known not to be correct/relevant, we can hard code an exclusion into the service so that these products are ignored when determining purchase or warranty dates. We've done this for a couple of Dell products in the past. If correct and incorrect warranty details can be found under the same Service Type (e.g. HWM Onsite) however, there is nothing we can do to resolve the issue. As you've indicated as well, HP delivers the information to us.
joes3
Engaged Sweeper III

I think I found the "problem" by looking at a few more of the warranty type fields that Lansweeper shows. I added tblWarranty and tblWarrantyDetails to the Computer: Warranty Overview report and then included a few extra columns such as WarrantyStartDate, WarrantyEndDate, and ServiceType.

Capture4C.PNG

As can be seen here, "PurchaseDate" seems to just be the earliest warranty date which makes a lot of sense except when it happens to be incorrect. This is definitely an HP problem, not Lansweeper. Fortunately, I can look at all the warranty information and get the actual "purchase date".

*I'll update more next week. Just had enough time to post this.

Susan_A
Lansweeper Alumni
Lansweeper 5.2.0.30 and more recent Lansweeper releases use an API to retrieve HP warranty information. If you are using a recent Lansweeper release and have recently and successfully rescanned warranties, then either:
  • HP's warranty API is providing incorrect data. There is nothing we can do about this.
  • Someone manually submitted an incorrect purchase date and locked the field. You can verify whether the field is locked by hitting the Edit Asset button on the machine's Lansweeper webpage. If the checkbox next to the field is ticked, it's locked.

If the problem is limited to one machine and you know what the correct purchase date is, the easiest solution would be to manually submit the correct date.