cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tdtrivedi
Engaged Sweeper II
Our subnet locations have some IPs which are reserved for network equipment which are old and can not be scanned automatically (or using lspush). I want to exclude them since it has been decided to manage them out of lansweeper for now.

I know I can go thru each IP and include them in the exclusion list but is there a better way ? Can I use wild card here ? - e.g. x.x.x.235 is network device at locations which has to be excluded - can I use 192.168.*.235 ?

Current exclusion mechanism does not accept it.

Any pointer will help.

Thanks in advance.

-- Tapan
2 REPLIES 2
mark_roberts
Engaged Sweeper II
I had a similar issue but was able to instead of scanning by IPs scan a Device Type. You have to manually enter them and scan them which kind of sucks the first time. But you can import the IPs from as CSV. But then you can do scheduled scan by Device Type. So create a custom Device Type called 'Old Crappy Routers' or whatever. Unfortantely the credential mapping isnt allow by Device Type so I had to credential map to the individual IPs but at least the schedule works.
RobertBasil
Engaged Sweeper III
tdtrivedi wrote:
Our subnet locations have some IPs which are reserved for network equipment which are old and can not be scanned automatically (or using lspush). I want to exclude them since it has been decided to manage them out of lansweeper for now.

I know I can go thru each IP and include them in the exclusion list but is there a better way ? Can I use wild card here ? - e.g. x.x.x.235 is network device at locations which has to be excluded - can I use 192.168.*.235 ?

Current exclusion mechanism does not accept it.

Any pointer will help.

Thanks in advance.

-- Tapan

Almost 4 years later and still...

1. No reply.
2. No option to use wildcards.

😞

New to Lansweeper?

Try Lansweeper For Free

Experience Lansweeper with your own data.

Try Now