cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
AZHockeyNut
Champion Sweeper III
If you open SQL configuration manager you will see that it has available protocols for each instance loaded. Those 3 are usually Shared Memory, Named Pipes, and TCP/IP. The first one is on by default and the final two are not. So a scan to a remote sql system (which could be a pc with express edition loaded even, will fail because nothing is enabled for network scans. Plus you have firewall ports to deal with as well.

So, My question is, does anyone have a way to scan for these'?

My ultimate goal here is to find any system with SQL loaded and all the associated databases there. Right now, I am seeing If no connections can be established, the All SQL Server Editions and Databases report in Lansweeper will not return machines loaded with SQL Server and databases.
The All SQL Server Editions and Databases report uses and Inner Join from tblSqlServers.
The assetid in the tblSqlServers table will not appear within the tblSqlDatabases since no connections could be made. No record is created tblSqlDatabases which contains names of databases.

The machine will appear in ALL SQL Server Editions but this report only utilizes the tblSqlServers table.

2 REPLIES 2
Esben_D
Lansweeper Employee
Lansweeper Employee
Check out:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Microsoft SQL Server\MSSQL14.SQLEXPRESS\MSSQLServer\SuperSocketNetLib

For me it has registry keys for all the protocols.
AZHockeyNut
Champion Sweeper III
Charles.X wrote:
Check out:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Microsoft SQL Server\MSSQL14.SQLEXPRESS\MSSQLServer\SuperSocketNetLib

For me it has registry keys for all the protocols.

That's a start thanks. The trick will be calculating all the different versions and named instances....See if the instance name is other than SQLEXPRESS then that will vary and it is not the MSSQL14 it could be 13, 12, etc....you get the picture. Meaning a little trial and error will be in order but I think you got me on the right track. thanks!