cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
vsingh
Engaged Sweeper

Hello all,

Quick question: I’m currently working on a new LanSweeper installation and encountering an issue with duplicate assets. It appears that one asset is being picked up via the ESXi host and another through Windows scanning.

This is consuming around 500 licenses, so I need to merge these assets. Can someone please advise on how to achieve this?

Thanks a lScreenshot 2024-07-31 122212.jpgot.

2 REPLIES 2
Tim_N
Lansweeper Employee
Lansweeper Employee

Hello @vsingh 

I totally agree with Frank. Proper scanning with credentials, network permissions, etc. is important for a full, and complete, scan. 

You can merge duplicates manually if you continue to have problems by selecting "Duplicate Conflicts" while viewing all of your assets. 

Once viewing all of the duplicates, you will see what the system "thinks" are duplicates. If accurate, you can select the "solve duplicate conflict" icon in the upper right corner of the duplicated items. 

But before you start manually making changes, I'd suggest ensuring your scans are properly configured. 

Hope our ideas help resolve your duplications. 

Tim N.
Lansweeper Employee
FrankSc
Lansweeper Tech Support
Lansweeper Tech Support

Hello,
Ideally, these assets should merge automatically if the assets are correctly scanned, and there are no scanning issues.
Some customers solve this by modifying their scanning targets, or by adding scanning exclusions. 
The screenshot shows that the model and serial from the guest are not fetched, 
This can be solved normally also by mapping your credentials to the VMWare Guest as well.