→ Having trouble accessing our new support portal or creating a ticket? Please notify our team here

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MAP_tbrooks
Engaged Sweeper II
LAN Sweeper showing 2 Office License Keys and I only show 1 in the registry. How do I fix this?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Susan_A
Lansweeper Alumni
We received and answered this question via email. For everyone else's benefit, I'm pasting the reply we sent via email below.
Lansweeper scans any license key as and if stored from various locations within the registry. Keep in mind that most license keys will stay in the registry even when the software is uninstalled. You will have to manually remove the keys from the registry to stop scanning and showing them on the asset page. If the license key is not present in the registry Lansweeper should not report on it, though.

Could you please do the following and check if the issue persists:
  • Rescan the problem asset by using the Rescan Asset in the left column of the asset web page.
  • Wait till the scan completes and the 'Last Seen' date updates.
  • Check if the issue persists.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Susan_A
Lansweeper Alumni
Microsoft Office keys are pulled from the registry locations below. If you've rescanned a machine with the Rescan Asset button and there is still an Office key listed on its asset page, there must still be a license key present somewhere in the registry keys below or sub-keys contained within them. For Office, we look for registry values called DigitalProductID or ProductKeys.

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Office
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\Office (64-bit machines)
MAP_tbrooks
Engaged Sweeper II
Unfortunately I deleted all the registration keys in the registry and the is a License Key still being picked up by LAN Sweeper. Does it scan another location for the key?
MAP_tbrooks
Engaged Sweeper II
I deleted all keys from HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Office\14.0\Registration and from
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\Office

Then I had to reapply a license key. I had trouble figuring out which was the active key. Is there a way I could have know which registry entry was the active key?
Susan_A
Lansweeper Alumni
We received and answered this question via email. For everyone else's benefit, I'm pasting the reply we sent via email below.
Lansweeper scans any license key as and if stored from various locations within the registry. Keep in mind that most license keys will stay in the registry even when the software is uninstalled. You will have to manually remove the keys from the registry to stop scanning and showing them on the asset page. If the license key is not present in the registry Lansweeper should not report on it, though.

Could you please do the following and check if the issue persists:
  • Rescan the problem asset by using the Rescan Asset in the left column of the asset web page.
  • Wait till the scan completes and the 'Last Seen' date updates.
  • Check if the issue persists.