cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jnarciso
Engaged Sweeper II
Hello,
I can't force a machine shutdown if the command is issued from Lansweeper running Windows 10
If I send the command in a PC using windows 7, it works.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Susan_A
Lansweeper Alumni
Unfortunately, it still isn't clear to me what actually happens when you try to use these actions. I don't have a Surface tablet to test with, but if nothing at all happens when you click on the actions, I would recommend double-checking your browser configuration, trying a different browser or verifying whether the underlying action commands work when run directly in Command Prompt. You can see the action commands under Configuration\Asset Pages. Keep in mind that, for the specific actions you're referring to, the user clicking on the action must have administrative privileges on the target machine.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
jnarciso
Engaged Sweeper II
Hello Susan,

Problem is solved; it was a privilege issue.
Thanks
Susan_A
Lansweeper Alumni
Unfortunately, it still isn't clear to me what actually happens when you try to use these actions. I don't have a Surface tablet to test with, but if nothing at all happens when you click on the actions, I would recommend double-checking your browser configuration, trying a different browser or verifying whether the underlying action commands work when run directly in Command Prompt. You can see the action commands under Configuration\Asset Pages. Keep in mind that, for the specific actions you're referring to, the user clicking on the action must have administrative privileges on the target machine.
jnarciso
Engaged Sweeper II
Hello Susan,
You are correct, I'm using the Shutdown action option that exists in Lansweeper.
I'm using IE11 with Windows 10 Pro in a Surface Pro 3.
The action Shutdown and Reboot doesn't work if I issued the command from my Surface in Lansweeper.
If I use Lansweeper in other PC running Windows 7 and use the same option, it works! I can Shutdown the target PC.
Also, I followed your previous instruction for IE.
Susan_A
Lansweeper Alumni
I'm assuming you are using the Shutdown action for this. It's not clear to me what is happening when you try to use the action, but could you ensure that your browser is properly configured to run actions. Configuration instructions for Internet Explorer, Firefox and Chrome can be found here, here and here.