cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jstrength
Engaged Sweeper II

Recently, there was a poll for what user would like to see next. Aside from the results of that poll, do you have a roadmap for where Lansweeper wants to go in the future? Thanks.

22 REPLIES 22
Esben_D
Lansweeper Employee
Lansweeper Employee

Hi Hendrik,

Its been pushed slightly back as the new year introduced new initiatives that impact the roadmap. I’ve been pushing for getting it ASAP.

Esben_D
Lansweeper Employee
Lansweeper Employee

Just a quick update on this for you guys. I am still working on getting this together.

However, it will take some time. This needs to be aligned with all of our product managers and approved.

jwood_mls
Champion Sweeper

We would really love to see helpdesk functionality developed more. That functionality is the primary reason we selected Lansweeper, but it feels like for the most part, it has not been developed. Obviously the ITAM area of Lansweeper is extremely important, but there are lots of ITAM products, we’ve have found that there don’t seem to be many ITAM products that also have a good helpdesk.

Thanks for giving us an opportunity to contribute.

CHRLAU
Engaged Sweeper III

I agree 110% on this. Primarily we have chosen Lansweeper because of the Helpdesk and with the asset management integration it is great, but really lacks on further devloping on all of the feature requests that have been shared since launching the helpdeks. Crossing fingers you will prioritize this as this would also add lots of new customers looking for a better helpdesk.

steveb
Champion Sweeper

Can the deployment logs be preserved for each assets even after clearing the deployment logs from the main list?

I typically give the installer log a once over after a deployment to check the overall success and then usually clear it but then we lose the history under the individual asset which can be useful for a follow up if there is an issue regarding a previous deployment.

Esben_D
Lansweeper Employee
Lansweeper Employee

Thanks everyone!

This is great stuff I’ll make sure to take this with me in the preparations so I can give you an answer to all these questions. If you have more, keep them coming. I’ll be watching

steveb
Champion Sweeper

I agree with the above sentiments and also request the addition of a network map feature.

The ability to customize views/column layouts etc would be nice and also be able to create a report with the current view as the “base” instead of building one from scratch every time.
Some of the views have mostly what I want but often times I need to add one or two other items and this ability would speed up the copy/paste report splicing I do and would aid others that are less familiar in report creation.

Having a “realtime view” of assets regarding their online status would be useful instead of having to continually ping all assets in the list to know which are online and then having to do it again if you jump to another view or refresh the page.

A more reliable WOL feature using the installed agent along with any other additional features that could be integrated into the agent would be nice.

jstrength
Engaged Sweeper II
  1. Agree with both comments concerning MFA and helpdesk functionality on the cloud portal.

2. Is the long term idea to move everything to a cloud/lansweeper agent configuration or is the idea to always maintain the hybrid configuration with an on prem server and cloud access?

H3it
Engaged Sweeper

We would love to have the helpdek portion in the cloud, as well. This would make it mch easier for our “internal clients” to use.

Caleb1
Engaged Sweeper

We would love to use the Lansweeper cloud platform, but MFA is a requirement before we can migrate to using the cloud platform.