cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
elson_ricafrent
Engaged Sweeper
Cannot do remote control a computer, when I used test connection in Advanced actions, it gave a result that says lansweeper service not found. I even ran lspush then rescanned the asset, same result. What else can I do?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Nick_VDB
Champion Sweeper III
To be able to scan your assets from within the Lansweeper web console and use commands such as the remote control the Lansweeper service must be running. LsPush does not require the service to run as you are running the executable locally on the machine you want to scan. However, if you are using LsPush with direct server connection then the Lansweeper service will have to be running.

To run the Remote Control tool the Lansweeper service does not have to be running. Remote control runs independently from Lansweeper. You can find information about the Remote Control tool in this knowledge base article.

We recommend that you check that your Lansweeper service is running as shown in the attached screenshot.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Nick_VDB
Champion Sweeper III
To be able to scan your assets from within the Lansweeper web console and use commands such as the remote control the Lansweeper service must be running. LsPush does not require the service to run as you are running the executable locally on the machine you want to scan. However, if you are using LsPush with direct server connection then the Lansweeper service will have to be running.

To run the Remote Control tool the Lansweeper service does not have to be running. Remote control runs independently from Lansweeper. You can find information about the Remote Control tool in this knowledge base article.

We recommend that you check that your Lansweeper service is running as shown in the attached screenshot.