cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MarcoT
Engaged Sweeper

Hi,
I'm having a problem with Lansweeper.
We restart the server weekly to complete system updates and more.
The problem is that almost always the IIS service doesn't start, it stays on the stopped state. I have to manually go and restart the services.
If I don't do this, Lansweeper doesn't work.
Is it possible to set that, when the server is restarted, all the services go up automatically to start Lansweeper correctly and autonomously?

2 REPLIES 2
MarcoT
Engaged Sweeper

I set the service to automatic delayed. Let's see if this is enough, if not I'll try to do the second part of the procedure too.
Theoretically, IIS is already installed on the server.

I'll update you just in case..

Obi_1_Cinobi
Lansweeper Tech Support
Lansweeper Tech Support

Hello there!

Ensure that the startup type of the IIS Express service is set to either Automatic or Automatic (Delayed Start). If the service is already set to Automatic, we would recommend trying Automatic (Delayed Start). In short, services set to Automatic will start during the boot process, while services set to start as Automatic (Delayed Start) will start shortly after boot, which is what you are essentially doing manually now.

Additionally, we presume that you are running IIS Express as your web service, so you might consider migrating to IIS Server

• To migrate your existing console running under IIS Express (the default web server), to IIS Server, please reinstall just the web console by following these instructions: https://www.lansweeper.com/knowledgebase/how-to-reinstall-your-lansweeper-website/
  • When you get to step 11, choose the Advanced (IIS) option.
  • Do note that IIS must be enabled on the machine to be able to get this option. If you haven't yet, enable and install Internet Information Services on your Lansweeper server via Add/Remove Programs. Specifically the full Web Management Tools and World Wide Web Services feature list.