cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
thromada
Engaged Sweeper II

Hi all,

Using Lansweeper 10.5.0.8 I wanted to ask about Last Logon time and Logon time entries that are wrong or don't make sense to me.  I'm including a screenshot of a list of Logon times for a Windows computer.  I got this screenshot by viewing an asset, then clicking Config > User info > Last logon.

First, I presume this option is meant to show dates and times of when a user logs onto a computer.  The data however shows dates and times that are outside of our normal business days and hours.  This is not only for this asset and user, but for all of them.

thromada_0-1688566430538.png

What is that data supposed to represent?  Why don't the entries match actual dates and times that users logon to computers?

Thanks,

Tom.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
KevinA-REJIS
Champion Sweeper II

I could be mistaken, but I think that every time Lansweeper scans an asset it will log the last logged on user, even if that hasn't changed. We do hourly scans of our workstations, so the tab for my workstation has it for every scan.

KevinAREJIS_0-1688653788605.png

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
thromada
Engaged Sweeper II

Thank you KevinA-REJIS.  That makes sense for your setup where the log shows every-hour on-the-hour entries.  If the "Last logon" is stamped with the date/time that Lansweeper did a scan, then it's a representation of a logon that happened at some point in time, but not the actual logon date/time that a user logged onto a computer.  I'll use a logon script to get that real-time data.  Thank you for the insight on this.

KevinA-REJIS
Champion Sweeper II

I could be mistaken, but I think that every time Lansweeper scans an asset it will log the last logged on user, even if that hasn't changed. We do hourly scans of our workstations, so the tab for my workstation has it for every scan.

KevinAREJIS_0-1688653788605.png