cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Rob_B
Engaged Sweeper III
I've just noticed that clients that previously had licensed software installed (software was removed long ago and clients have since been rescanned), still show a license key for that software. It misled me to believing that the software was still installed and the license was in use. In case it matters, this "stuck" license key is for Adobe CS 6.
3 REPLIES 3
CyberCitizen
Honored Sweeper
Have a similar issue with MS Project 2010. We have quite a few machines that have it, the problem is the installer that is provided doesn't remove the registration info from the registry which is what Lansweeper is using to report on.

I ended up creating a report based on custom file location scanning to confirm if the software is actually installed or now. Then when it isn't deployed an uninstaller which includes deleting the registration key so that that Lansweeper reports true.

Note this is not a Lansweeper issue but an application issue. It is best to create uninstall packages within Lansweeper and include a reg delete command to prevent this issue.
Rob_B
Engaged Sweeper III
CyberCitizen wrote:
Have a similar issue with MS Project 2010. We have quite a few machines that have it, the problem is the installer that is provided doesn't remove the registration info from the registry which is what Lansweeper is using to report on.

I ended up creating a report based on custom file location scanning to confirm if the software is actually installed or now. Then when it isn't deployed an uninstaller which includes deleting the registration key so that that Lansweeper reports true.

Note this is not a Lansweeper issue but an application issue. It is best to create uninstall packages within Lansweeper and include a reg delete command to prevent this issue.

Could you share your report?
Rob B wrote:
Could you share your report?

It's just the custom file scanning. Searching for the executable.
I use that to give me a true install count, compare it with the installed that Lansweeper says, then deploy an uninstall script that just removes the reg key details for the software.

New to Lansweeper?

Try Lansweeper For Free

Experience Lansweeper with your own data.

Try Now