→ Having trouble accessing our new support portal or creating a ticket? Please notify our team here

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
iamhuman
Engaged Sweeper II

Hi there!

We've been using Lansweper on-prem in the free plan for a while now with enabled LSAgent Relay.

Last friday I've got an "Assets stuck on LsAgent relay server" mail; I've checked the lansweeper web console and it says:

"This feature is disabled for your license type. Learn how you can enable this feature."

We're still <100 assets and I can't find any information about a change in the plan/features anywhere.
Or is there a difference between the legacy "LimitedTrial" Plan and the new free plan?

Did I miss any news or is the message missleading and its a different issue?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
David_GF
Lansweeper Tech Support
Lansweeper Tech Support

hi @iamhuman 

That's right; you need a license key to use the Relay. That's the case when installing Lansweeper without a trial key. You can request one here: https://www.lansweeper.com/product/on-prem/

~~~~~~~ (〃 ̄︶ ̄)人( ̄︶ ̄〃) ~~~~~~~
Sweep that LAN, sweep it!

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
David_GF
Lansweeper Tech Support
Lansweeper Tech Support

hi @iamhuman 

That's right; you need a license key to use the Relay. That's the case when installing Lansweeper without a trial key. You can request one here: https://www.lansweeper.com/product/on-prem/

~~~~~~~ (〃 ̄︶ ̄)人( ̄︶ ̄〃) ~~~~~~~
Sweep that LAN, sweep it!

Sorry to jump in here, but we have the same issue.  I've followed the link from David_GF entered our details and unless I'm missing something there's no license key issued afterwards?

iamhuman
Engaged Sweeper II

Sorry, I should have added more details to my reply..

I neither got a key via the link - I ended up using the contact form to ask for a new key(I added my expired trial key) and got a new trial key.
The new key worked in the "add license setting" and the LsAgent relay is active again. I'd expect(hope) this key to work like the old key - after trial runs out it changes to "free mode". 

I'm still not 100% if thats expected behaviour or an error, but just didn't want to bother the forum. Since I see the abstract "contact support for a (new) key" I guess it is somewhat exprected behaviour that the trial keys(or the "free license" with this keys) expire after some time(updates/years?).

New to Lansweeper?

Try Lansweeper For Free

Experience Lansweeper with your own data.

Try Now