cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
EDV_OHZ
Engaged Sweeper III
Hi,
since my search in the forum did not bring any result, I try it myself with a question

When I click on Remote Desktop Button for an asset, I always have to (1) change my name (3).

For me it would make sense, if I already have a user, in my case the DOMAIN \ Administrator as login name. That makes the job much easier 🙂

If someone has a script or an idea, always like this 🙂

best regards
1 REPLY 1
CyberCitizen
Honored Sweeper
MSTSC doesn't accept a username via command line, so unable to pass it.

You could look at something like this.
https://stackoverflow.com/questions/11296819/run-mstsc-exe-with-specified-username-and-password

This is what you can send via command line to MSTSC (RDP).

[Window Title]
Remote Desktop Connection Usage

[Content]
MSTSC [<connection file>] >] [/admin] [/f[ullscreen]] [/public] | [/span] [/multimon] [/edit "connection file"] [/restrictedAdmin] [/remoteGuard] [/prompt] [/shadow:<sessionID> [/control] [/noConsentPrompt]]

"connection file" -- Specifies the name of an .RDP file for the connection.

/v:<server[:port]> -- Specifies the remote PC to which you want to connect.

/g:<gateway> -- Specifies the RD Gateway server to use for the connection. This parameter is only read if the endpoint remote PC is specified with /v.

/admin -- Connects you to the session for administering a remote PC.

/f -- Starts Remote Desktop in full-screen mode.

/w:<width> -- Specifies the width of the Remote Desktop window.

/h:<height> -- Specifies the height of the Remote Desktop window.

/public -- Runs Remote Desktop in public mode.

/span -- Matches the remote desktop width and height with the local virtual desktop, spanning across multiple monitors, if necessary. To span across monitors, the monitors must be arranged to form a rectangle.

/multimon -- Configures the Remote Desktop Services session monitor layout to be identical to the current client-side configuration.

/edit -- Opens the specified .RDP connection file for editing.

/restrictedAdmin -- Connects you to the remote PC in Restricted Administration mode. In this mode, credentials won’t be sent to the remote PC, which can protect you if you connect to a PC that has been compromised. However, connections made from the remote PC might not be authenticated by other PCs, which might impact application functionality and compatibility. This parameter implies /admin.

/remoteGuard -- Connects your device to a remote device using Remote Guard. Remote Guard prevents credentials from being sent to the remote PC, which can help protect your credentials if you connect to a remote PC that has been compromised. Unlike Restricted Administration mode, Remote Guard also supports connections made from the remote PC by redirecting all requests back to your device.

/prompt -- Prompts you for your credentials when you connect to the remote PC.

/shadow:<sessionID> -- Specifies the ID of the session to shadow.

/control -- Allows control of the session when shadowing.

/noConsentPrompt -- Allows shadowing without user consent.