cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
drdrdr
Engaged Sweeper II
We want to use the LsAgent with cloud sync, but the 'Cloud Relay Authentication Key' never gets generated. The Lansweeper server is on a private VLAN that requires a proxy to access the internet, and I don't think it ever reaches the outside server.

Is there a way to make the Lansweeper server aware of the proxy and have it use this for internet connections?
6 REPLIES 6
YvainP
Engaged Sweeper II
Hello,
You could try to add this to the "Lansweeperservice.exe.config" file :
<system.net>
<defaultProxy useDefaultCredentials="true">
<proxy
autoDetect="false"
proxyaddress="http://192.168.1.10:3128"
bypassonlocal="false"
usesystemdefault="true"
/>
</defaultProxy>
</system.net>

I didn't tested myself because I don't use cloud relay but it works for many .net software.
Don't forget that if your proxy need authentication, the service account will be used.
hoanv9
Engaged Sweeper II
YvainP wrote:
Hello,
<system.net>
<proxy
autoDetect="false"
bypassonlocal="false"
usesystemdefault="true"
/>
</defaultProxy>
</system.net>

I didn't tested myself because I don't use cloud relay but it works for many .net software.
Don't forget that if your proxy need authentication, the service account will be used.

It's really work for me. tks.
drdrdr
Engaged Sweeper II
YvainP wrote:
Hello,
<system.net>
<proxy
autoDetect="false"
bypassonlocal="false"
usesystemdefault="true"
/>
</defaultProxy>
</system.net>

Thank you so much..this worked for me.
hoanv9
Engaged Sweeper II
I got the same issue with the server behind proxy. Then I allow server directly to internet and can get the key.
But I am sure that you should look in to the issue because server access directly to internet is not safe.
Thanks.
drdrdr
Engaged Sweeper II
It's not only LsAgent. I think the Lansweeper server also needs to be proxy aware, otherwise it won't be able to reach the MS Azure servers for cloud relay. I think this is happening in my case.

Currently, seems like the Lansweeper server is only using proxy settings for warranty scanning but not for any other communication.
Esben_D
Lansweeper Employee
Lansweeper Employee
We have had some reports of LsAgent not being able to connect to the relay server when the connection uses a proxy. Our developers are looking into it but I can't really promise anything. You can contact support and they can check the LsAgent log files if it is a different issue. But most likely it is indeed the use of the proxy.